You Make Me Happy

(Takes Place After the first trial, things are going to be very different here mainly because I didn't wanna replay the whole game for accuracy and also because possible different mastermind? Originally posted on AO3 but I'm indecisive)

Shuichi woke up drowsy and ultimately done with his situation. His stomach loudly grumbled reminding him of how he should probably go get food. Forcing himself up he slowly walked to his door. The door must have seemed really interesting today to Shuichi's brain because he found himself staring at the door longer than a normal person would. Shuichi opened his dorm door and made his way to the dining hall.
However, he was stopped, not even being out of the dorms very long, by Kaito who screamed while waving him down.

"HEY SHUICHI! I WAS JUST COMING TO GET YOU!" Kaito smiled brightly as he hurried to walk beside Shuichi. "Everyone else was already in the Dining Hall so I was gonna come get you!" Kaito gave Shuichi a thumbs up and started making small talk.

Before his brain had cared to notice they had made it to the door, which Kaito practically threw open. "IMMM BACCKKK WITH SHUICHI!!" There was a few seconds of silence where Shuichi's brain wandered off.

"HEY YOU FINALLY GOT RID OF THAT EMO HAT! Is this because Kaede died or something!" Kokichi's smile was nothing like Kaito's earlier smile. Kaito's smile was warm and reminded him of Kaede, but Kokichi's smile was almost sinister. Shuichi wondered how any normal person could make such a strange face when his thoughts were interrupted by Tenko.

"YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT YOU - YOU DEGENERATE MALE!!"

Shuichi almost smiled at how they were seemingly unaffected by the situation they were in.

"OOOooOoOoo~ is the lessbiannnn gonna attack me~" Kokichi perched his arms behind his head in a cocky manner. Tenko immediately started sputtering, her face looking like a tomato. "Atua says that for once Kokichi is telling the truth" Angie said and Tenko started to charge at Kokichi. Gonta almost immediately panicked telling everyone to stop. Miu started bullying Kiibo, And everyone else looked extremely tired. Shuichi smirked at the display. 'Why can't it stay like this?' He wondered.

He looked over at Kaito who was looking directly at Maki. He looked concerned that she hadn't really reacted at all, Shuichi however, was not surprised. His attention was suddenly snapped back to the chaos when he saw Kokichi approaching the door. "Koki-" he tried to get Kokichi's attention but his only reply was Kokichi screaming, "JUST REMEMBER NOBODY CAN HATE YOU MORE THAN YOU ALREADY HATE YOURSELF!" And then he started laughing like a maniac.

Kokichi continued to laugh but before he left the dining hall he made direct eye contact with Shuichi. Then he just walked out. The door shut and Kokichi was gone. The chaos was still here though. Tenko was talking vivaciously with Himiko and Angie, Gonta was trying to get Miu to stop harassing Kiibo, Kaito has now approached Maki and she seemed to not like it, Korekiyo had left, and Tsumugi, Ryoma and Kirumi seemed to be the only sane ones as they were having a normal conversation.

Shuichi was about to leave and wander the halls but was cut off by his stomach growling again. He went to the closest drawer to find a snack, there was bagels in there. He quickly ate some and left.

Now out in the almost quiet (you could still hear muffled yelling) hallway his brain caught up with him as he tried to decide what to do. He started to walk back to his dorm to read a book he had picked up when he felt a tug on his arm. Looking over he saw purple hair, "Kokichi?" "Hellloooo my beloved Saihara-chan~" Shuichi was about to ask Kokichi to leave because he really wanted to read the book but stopped when he saw Kokichi's face, which for once, looked genuinely serious. "Kokichi... is something wrong?" "Nishishishi~" Kokichi laughed, although it seemed strained. "If Saihara-chan wants to know he can find me in the warehouse~" Kokichi sing-songed as he walked towards said room.