When Skies Are Gray

"IITTTSSS MOTIVE TIMEEE! Tomorrow all of you will get a brand new Motive for Killing! My beautiful wonderful children will give them to you!"

Shuichi sighed at the half and half bear's announcement. Of course there would be another motive, this was a killing game after all. Shuichi looked around, already seeing some people missing. Kokichi, Korekiyo, and Ryoma were no surprise to see gone. However Himiko, Angie, Tsumugi and Gonta were also gone. Tenko was still in the cafeteria though, looking kind of sad. Shuichi understood why she would be sad though. Kaito was talking to Shuichi but he couldn't make himself pay attention. He wanted to sleep. So he went to his dorm and slept.

Shuichi woke up to his doorbell ringing. He simply mumbled and rolled over. There was a yell from the other side of the door. Shuichi was tired. He'd barely gotten any sleep, Kaito had woken him back up for "training" so he was up all night training with Kaito and Maki and then he was just lost in thought. He just grumbled and tried to go back to sleep. There was silence and Shuichi took that as a small victory. He didn't want to think right now, he just wanted to sleep.

SLAM

His door swung open

"WAKE UPPPP SLEEEPPPYYHHEEEAAAADDDDDDDD!! KaiTO WanTTtTtTsSSSsssssSS yoUUuuUuU!!!!!" Shuichi grumbled and rolled over again to face the door. He was greeted by Kokichi pulling his arm. "Gettt upppppp! Ilmmm gonnnaaaaa killll you if you donnnttttttt!!" Shuichi shrugged and snuggled further into his blankets. "Shuiichiiii nooooooo self deprecating is Ryoma's thing!" He ducked further the only thing sticking out of the blanket was his hand. "I don't wanna" Shuichi mumbled, "m tired" Kokichi suddenly stopped pulling his hand. "Y'know what get up or I really will kill you. I'll give you to the count of three~" Kokichi paused.

"One"

"Two"

"Two and a half~"

"Three~"

There was silence where Shuichi just continued to try to sleep then suddenly. PLOP!! Shuichi lost his breath for a second as his body had to adjust for the sudden wait on his chest. "Ko-Kokichi!" "Are you up now Saihara-Chan~?" "Y-yes so plea-please get off!" Kokichi giggled as he got up. "Kokichi what? What was that?!" Kokichi smiled with his menacing grin. "Nishishi what do you mean Shumai?" "I mean you literally sat on me!" "Well you wouldn't get up and I wanted to take your breath away~" "that DOESNT mean you should sit on me!" "Aw I thought Shumai would like it if I sat on him~" "wha-WhAt?" "Nishishi anyway! Let's go to your stupid friends!!" Suddenly Kokichi was practically running away. "Kokichi!" Shuichi ran after the small boy.

When Shuichi finally caught up Kokichi was the first one to speak. "Man Saihara-Chan you really slept in! Everyone else already ate and whatever so Momota-Kun was gonna come get you! I beat him to it though~" Shuichi shook his head lightly as they continued to walk to the door of the school. "Really though Shumai. You should take better care of yourself! I could see those bags under your eyes from a mile away!" "Kokichi is there a point to this?" "Hm I already told you twice that your stinky pee-brained friends want you!" "That's a lie right? Kaito wouldn't let you come get me instead of himself." Kokichi smiled at Shuichi, pausing to think for a minute. "Nishishishi that was a lie! You caught me! You're so smart Shuichi!" Shuichi shook his head again. "So where are we going?" "That's a surprise my beloved!" "Really? because I'm pretty sure we're going to the warehouse." Kokichi laughed again with a broad smile on his face. "Silly you haven't eaten yet! You gotta eat more Shuichi!" "Kokichi I eat enough." "Nuh uh! If you're gonna be one of my subordinates you gotta be in tip top shape!" Shuichi was about to say something but was interrupted by Kokichi shoving a bowl into his hands. "Now eat up so we can go to the warehouse!"

Once Shuichi was finally done with the food Kokichi practically threw the bowl into the sink. "Commeeeee onnnn you eat so slowww!" As Shuichi was pulled by the smaller boy into the warehouse he vaguely wondered where all the others were.

Kokichi finally let go of Shuichi and walked over to a shelf then he leaned against it. "So," Shuichi started his question, "why're we here?" Kokichi tilted his head slightly, like a puppy would, Shuichi thought it was kinda cute. "Aww can't I just spend some time with my beloved Saihara-Chan?" "Why are we here Kokichi?" "Well since my beloved wants to know so bad I guess I'll tell him! Maki is lying about her talent!" "How would you know that?" "Because I do! Don't question me Shumai! Nishishi her real talent is Ultimate Assassin!" Shuichi's brain stopped for a second. "That's a lie Kokichi." "Nuh uh this is our meet up spot! I'd never ever lie in our meetup spot!" "Kokichi you are-" Shuichi didn't get to finish his sentence because Kaito suddenly arrived.

"THERE YOU ARE SIDEKICK!!" Shuichi thought he saw Kokichi flinch but figured he must've imagined it because Kokichi was smiling like an idiot. "Oh hey Kaito!" Shuichi smiled at the taller boy. "Come help me Gonta and Kiibo move Himiko's water tank thing!" "Water tank thing?" "yeah!" Kokichi suddenly spoke up again. "Hey idiot Shuichi doesn't know bout that cause he was asleep." Kokichi then walked away. "Why ThaT LiTtlE! Yknow what it doesn't matter, anyway Himiko's having a magic show." "Oh?" "Yeah to cheer us up or something, anyway c'mon Shuichi!"

Shuichi, Kaito, Gonta, and Kiibo spent the day helping Himiko and Angie prepare for tomorrow's magic show.