Why Did You Take My Sunshine Away?

Good end
——————————-

Kaede smiled. The despair in this room... Tsumugi would love it. Kirumi lay unconscious behind her, that's what she gets for trying to kill the mastermind. It wouldn't of have stopped the execution anyway though. She watched as people sobbed. The room sounded like a murder house. She smiled, it kind of was. A creeping doubt sweeper into her mind, these people, they had been her friends once hadn't they? They had laughed together, cried together, lived together but... this was for the best, this was for Tsumugi. A traitorous thought passed her head that Tsumugi might be dead, the Future Foundation people (because there was absolutely no way they would allow Makoto to come alone) could have killed her. It wasn't really their style but she wouldn't put it past them, a few of them had just been in a killing game themselves. She remembers Tsumugi being pissed that they revived Kirigiri. She said something about the girls 'plot armor' and Kaede had just laughed. She looked down to the gun in her hand. The final trial, the final execution, it was over. They could leave now. She didn't quite know the rules of leaving, Tsumugi was supposed to be the one that ended everything. She did know that a final trial and execution was required. A failsafe, for if the participants ever figured out how to end the game, they'd still have to sacrifice someone. Kaede looked to Kokichi's empty podium. That sacrifice had been made. Some part deep down made her think that she should've been the sacrifice, she should've payed for her crimes, but she pushed it down. Life wasn't fair. She had learned that at an early age. She was sure everyone here now knew that too. She had worked far to hard just to die like that. She fixed her posture and ignored the people yelling at her. Well she tried but suddenly Tenko was lifting her up by her shirt. Maki took her gun as it clattered to the ground and pointed it at her. She heard Naegi yell for them to stop but Tenko's grip only got tighter. "How do we revive him" she demanded. Her voice was cold and Kaede couldn't help but to shudder, she had only heard that tone twice before yet it still made her blood run cold.  "You can't" Miu, who was apparently behind her, started yelling. "Bullshit! Your fuck buddy came back after she died! So what the fuck is the code!" Oh, Kaede thought, they're trying to code him back in. "You can't, if you do that we'll just have to execute someone else." Miu walked around her so Kaede could see her, she took the gun from Maki's hand. Maki, for what it's worth, looked surprised by Miu's actions. Tenko took a step back resulting with Kaede moving back too. "Tell me how to get him the fuck back or I'll blow your goddamn brains out!" Kaede smiled. There was yells of protest throughout the room. She looked around. Naegi looked horrified, hand outstretched, begging for no more violence. Shuichi was on the ground, tears staining his cheeks, as he silently sobbed. Gonta was- "LOOK AT ME ASSHOLE!" Oh, never mind then. She turned her gaze back to Miu. She made sure to smile, just to piss Miu off more. "TELL US HOW TO SAVE HIM." Kaede smiled. "You can't, he'll have about a 50% chance of waking up in the real world, so to see him you have to let me end the game." Miu shook her head. "You bastard. Why? What do you get out of torturing us?" Kaede smiled brighter. "I'm torturing you? You're the one who carried him to his death, you're the one who told him to talk to you. I didn't do anything but watch." Miu pointed the gun at her more aggressively. "SHUT UP! IM NOT FALLING FOR YOUR VICTIM BLAMING SHIT!" Kaede smiled brighter. "Look at you getting all worked up, it's because you know I'm right." Miu stared at her in the eyes for a long moment. They stood while the yells and cries of the others were all they could hear. "I should've know not to reason with you."

BANG

<masterminds deleted
<shut down sequence started.

Shutting down simulation
......
Simulation shut down.

________________

Shuichi woke up in a room he didn't recognize. Off white walls surrounded him. He looked around trying to remember what had happened. He was, in a killing game. Kokichi had- oh god Kokichi. He stood up shakily and grabbed the IV pole next to him. He stumbled to the door. He was about to open it when it opened itself. He came face to face with a girl with purple hair, she seemed to be in a doctors uniform. "O-Oh you're awake! Ahhh I'm sorry I wasn't here! Sorry I'm so sorry! I'm such a bad doctor!" Shuichi grimaced at her words, apart of him wanted to comfort her but he had more pressing issues right now. "Kokichi, where is he?" The girl looked shocked. "O-oh he's the uh, the small pur-purple o-one right? He's in h-his roo-room. He hasn't- he hasn't woke up yet." "Is he going to be okay?" She seemed taken aback with how fast he responded. "U-uh I.. I thi-ink so. Na-Nagito is in- in charge of watching h-him. We can- we can go see h-him if yo-you're feeling al-alright." Shuichi nodded. "Please!-" he realized he didn't know her name and she seemed to realize that she hadn't told him. "Oh! U-uh my na-name is Mikan Tsu-Tsumiki! I'm sorry!" Shuichi bowed. "Thank you Tsumiki-sama." She got even more flustered and just nodded. "Y-you seem a lit-little woozy so it-it would probably b-be best if you r-rest today. We-we can g-go see him tomor-tomorrow if you'd li-like?" Shuichi nodded glad he'd get to see the other boy soon. "That would be amazing, thank you."

__________________

A month later everyone had woken up except for Kokichi. Tsumiki-sama assured him that Kokichi would be fine. Most of his days was spent in the hospital's common room, everyone but Kaede, Tsumugi, and Kokichi were usually in there. He had asked Naegi-kun about Kaede and Tsumugi. Naegi had just smiled stiffly and said, "I don't know Saihara-kun, my partners won't tell me much." Shuichi had thanked him for his time and continued with his day. Days were uneventful and painfully long. Eventually, one day Kaede walked into the room, Tsumugi behind her. Behind them both were Hinata-kun and Komaeda-kun. Kaede and Tsumugi bowed. The room was tense and Kaede spoke first. "Everyone! I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused! I hope that someday you can forgive me!" They continued with their apologies but Shuichi was sure they were just falling on deaf ears. In the middle of the apology Komaeda-kun got a notification on his phone and ran off. Hinata-kun watched him leave with worry.

The next day they were told that Kokichi had woke up, but something had happened to put him in the Intensive Care Unit. Shuichi cried that night.

After that he asked about Kokichi everyday, he was pretty sure Kirigiri-sama must be tired of his questions at this point.

At one point Miu, Soda-kun, and he had worked together to make a quick Panta, this time in purple.

One day he, Panta, Kaito, Maki, Miu, Tenko, Kirumi, Ryoma, and Gonta were playing Monopoly together when Komaeda-kun walked in, he was followed by a frail purple haired boy who looked extremely nervous. Kokichi waved and that's when Shuichi noticed he was in a wheelchair. Before he could even say anything Miu stood up and practically tackled the poor boy. "You idiot!" She had sobbed to him. "You're such an idiot! You're such an asshole!" Kokichi had laughed hoarsely and hugged her. "I love you too Miu." Panta ran up to him next. "PAPA PAPA! Auntie Miu's gonna make me look more like you! I sound more human now hear!" Kokichi patted Panta on the head. "Y-you sure do." "They were waiting for you to see me before I change a bunch! I'll look like you and Dada!" Kokichi chuckled. "You sure will be handsome huh?" Panta nodded enthusiastically. "Dada has been teaching me all sorts of emotions and stuff!" Kokichi smiled. "Sounds like fun kiddo." Panta practically vibrated with energy. Miu stepped backwards and motioned for Shuichi to walk up. "Kokichi." The boy's eyes flickered to his own. "Hey Shumai, did ya miss me?" Shuichi felt tears roll down his cheeks and he helplessly scrubbed them away. "More than you could possibly know." He heard Miu getting everyone to leave the room. Komaeda-kun whispered something into Kokichi's ear and then left, leaving the purple haired boy a flustered mess. They were alone. Kokichi puffed out his cheeks, "I hate that guy." Shuichi chuckled a bit. "What'd he say?" Kokichi crossed his arms. "He said I had to keep my promise." Shuichi raised an eyebrow. "I- I like you a lot. Shuichi I-" Kokichi steeled his gaze. "Shuichi Saihara I am in love with you. I understand if you don't feel the same since now you probably remember all the shit I did but I-" Shuichi grabbed Kokichi's hand and Kokichi stopped talking. They stared into each other's eyes. "Kokichi, can I kiss you?" "Please" so they kissed, Shuichi felt like he could never be happier.

A/N
The story is over! It's been a long ride but it's finally done! (Besides the bad end lol) Also I just wanna make it clear that Kokichi's depression didn't just magically go away. They all still have problems that they'll have to work through but I figured this would be a good cut off for this book. Thank you so much for reading and please stay safe!