~37~

~ Jaehyung ~

Jaehyung visibly relaxed as Woosung walked off, kicking some rocks while he was at it. Younghyun let out an annoyed huff. "You good?" he then asked the others. Sungjin nodded his head a little. Wonpil, as usual, ignored Younghyun after muttering a quiet "thanks"

"Jae?" Younghyun then asked, catching the latter's attention. The boy hummed and nodded his head a little. He felt anxious but was calming down by the second.

Sungjin sighed. "I can't believe that guy still had the fucking audacity to show up here." The guy scoffed. Jae took a tight hold of the guy's jacket sleeve. "If he comes around, tell me. I'll handle him." The bassist said.

"I'll head off now. I have to be somewhere. See you around." Younghyung smiled softly. The boy signed a 'bye' to Jae before walking off. The quiet male followed the other who rushed away, eyes glistening in adornment.

God, he was hopeless, wasn't he?

"Yeah. He's definitely interested." Wonpil stated after they stood in silence for a solid minute. A low hum came from Sungjin signaling he agreed with the younger. Jae turned to his friends and shook his head, ignoring the fluttering in his stomach once the idea had been brought up. "He's just being nice..." He mumbled out in denial. A smack landed on the back of Jae's head making the boy yelp.

"Yah. I'm the one who dated that dumbass. If anyone, I would know if he's interested." Sugjin huffed and crossed his arms. Jae brought a hand to massage the back of his head. 

Why would Younghyun like him? There was nothing in him that could interest the other guy. He was just some kid who could barely talk or socialize properly.

"I'm h-heading home." Jae sighed quietly. "See you tomorrow!" Sungjin said, patting the younger's head softly. The latter gave a soft smile before heading off.

-

Jaehyung got home quite quickly and to his luck: no one was home. He wouldn't have to deal with his parents quite yet.

The boy got to his room and sat down at his desk. As he was pulling out his books, a realization ran down his back. 

Woosung lived down the street from him and knew where he lived at that. Now, maybe he was analyzing the whole ordeal too much. The redhead wouldn't break in, right?  "Fuck..." The boy said breathily, feeling anxious at the slight thought of that happening.

Who knew what Woosung would do? Hell, he had done shit to Younghyun. What would stop him from breaking and entering? 

Jaehyung cleared his throat and stood up walking over to his door and locking it. "I just need to unlock it before mom and dad get back.." He whispered to himself, nodding his head a little in an attempt to stay calm.

The boy returned to his desk and started working on his homework, just to get it over and done with.

Jae finished all the schoolwork he could bother within a short while, not having any trouble with it. The dark-haired male grabbed his phone, biting down on his bottom lip not sure of what he was even going to do on the device.

The sound of the front door opening and closing caught Jaehyung's attention. He immediately stood up and walked to his door, unlocking it and walking out. He carefully made his way down the stairs and once he finally got to the first floor his eyes landed on his parents. The boy bowed his head a little.

"Did you make dinner yet?" His father asked, sounding quite relaxed for once. "I.. No-Not yet.. I finished m-my... My schoolwork j-just now. I.. I'm sorry..." Jae quietly stuttered out, lowering his gaze. A scoff came from the mother as she walked past him. "Of course you didn't. And haven't I told you to work on that stutter?" She muttered.

"School is more important as his age than dinner, honey." My father retorted. Jae raised his head a bit. "I'll... St-Start on the dinner." "Don't bother. There was someone waiting for you outside." His mother scoffed, annoyed.

Sometimes Jae wondered what stick she had shoved up her ass. He hadn't even done anything yet and she was already at his throat.

"W-Who?" He asked, eyes wide. Woosung? Or could it be Sungjin? Jae pulled out his phone, seeing no text from anyone. The woman turned to him. "Hell if I know. Just go. We'll have a talk later." She hissed. The boy nodded his head a little bit. 

He bowed his head once more before walking to the door. The boy pulled on his shoes before hesitatingly opening the door and walking out. His stomach was twisting around at the thought of Woosung being there.

But to his surprise, he saw Younghyun leaning on one of the wooden poles holding up their porch roof. Jaehyung blinked a few times and even rubbing his eyes. The fearful feeling in his stomach was now replaced with butterflies fluttering around in his insides.

"Uh... H-Hyung..?" He stuttered, catching the other boy's attention. "Oh.. Hi... I'm sorry for coming like this... But since I forgot to ask for your number for the hundredth time I had to ask Sungjin..." Younghyun explained, smiling sheepishly. Jae closed the front door and walked off of the porch. 

"I came here right when they pulled up so... I asked if I come in but that woman straight out denied it." Jae pulled his lips into a line. "S-Sorry 'bout th-that.." Jae mumbled out lowering his gaze.

"Anyway... I was wondering if you'd wanna hang out.. I was bored and since Seonghwa and Yeosang are off somewhere fixing their relationship..." Younghyunsadi, scratching his head a little bit. 

The words came as a surprise to the other boy. "M-Me?" he asked, pointing at his chest. Younghyun nodded his head, smiling. "I mean... You're fun to be around at school, so I doubt that it'd be too different..." He explained.

Jae glanced towards the door, chewing on his bottom lip before nodding. The talk with his parents could wait. It would either be about his grades, speech, or both. If not just a whole session on gaslighting him about not taking speech therapy and causing them "embarrassment" and it would not be the first time.

"Great. Let's go get something to eat." Younghyun exclaimed, carefully wrapping an arm around the other's shoulders. Being rebellious was not Jae's thing. But he could break the mold his family had carefully put him in.

And who else better to do it with, than his crush.

~~~~

I'm sorry I disappeared.

I've been busy with other stories and school and my priorities are going everywhere and then I end up doing nothing.

I'll be around... someday... But yeah. 
'til next time!