~38~

~ Jaehyung ~

"So. What do you wanna do?" Younghyun asked as they started walking down the street away from the hell hole Jae called his home.

Jae hummed quietly and shrugged his shoulders. "I mean... You.. You're the one w-who suggested this." He mumbled out softly earning a chuckle. "Right, the one who asks should plan everything. That make's this sound kinda like a date... Except not."

Jaehyung almost choked on his spit when the other boy said the word 'date'. Even if it wasn't like that, the thought made his heart flutter.

"Hmm, okay... How about we get ramyeon at a 7-11?" Younghyun then suggested. Jae just nodded his head, thoughts still spinning around the fact that they were hanging out outside of school and the fact that the other guy, his crush, had basically compared this to a date.

Oh, my poor heart...

"Your cheeks are red. Are you good?" The other asked. Jae finally came back to reality, bringing a hand up to his face. "I'm f-fine." He stuttered, eyes wide. He needed to get a grip.

If he realizes that you like him, he'll probably think you're weird again... 

"If you say so." The guy's tone was teasing. The guitarist bit down on his bottom lip before gently shoving the guy. "Stop t-that..." he mumbled but couldn't help the small smile climbing onto his features.

Without even realizing how much time was passing the two eventually arrived at the small convenience store. The boy entered it and Younghyun grabbed one of the small metallic baskets. "Take anything you want, I'll pay." He said, smiling widely.

Jae was about to object until he remembered that he had left his wallet at home as he was dragged away before he had the chance to fetch it from his room.

The quiet boy then started walking around the store and Younghyun followed, observing the other. Jae felt the other's eyes on him but chose to ignore it. It was nothing big anyways.

Your heart says otherwise.

"You know. This is where we had our first out-of-school encounter." Younghyun stated suddenly. Jae turned around to face the other. "What..?" He asked, not having paid attention to the other as he was busy deciding which kind of noodles he should pick.

"Dr. Pepper and the finger guns, remember." The other explained. Jae parted his lips a little before blushing. He had forgotten the embarrassing ordeal. "R-Right..." he mumbled out, flustered throwing a cup of chicken noodles into the basket. He then walked off, leaving the other boy behind.

"How does he remember that shit..?" Jae mumbled under his breath. He didn't get much alone time as Younghyun caught up to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Don't run away from me." The guy chuckled, pulling Jae closer.

This how friends act, don't overthink it, Jae.

"I'm not.." Jae huffed, trying to relax under the other's arm. He then cleared his throat. "What did y-you pick..?" He asked carefully. He was getting more comfortable speaking but all the skinship and teasing were making him flustered.

"Spicy shrimp. Nothing special. Let's go get snacks and drinks." Younghyun hummed and headed to the candy section of the small store, pulling the other guy along with him.

Eventually, they checked out and headed to the spot where you could get boiled water for the ramyeon. "I'll pay y-you back sometime.." Jae said softly. Younghyun just shook his head a little, smiling. "You can treat me next time." He then stated. 

Jae stared at the guy, shocked. "Next time..?" He asked. Younghyun huffed and turned to him. "You thought this was a one-time thing?"

The guitarist pulled his lips in a line and nodded before lowering his eyes to the floor. "I.. I just.. I'm not u-used to people other than--" He had to take a deep breath in. Of course. They were what someone would consider friends now, of course, they would hang out more.