~ 39 ~

~ Jaehyung ~

Jae followed Younghyun inside his house, still slightly hesitant. He couldn't stay there for long. He would just be a burden there.

"Dad! I'm home!" Younghyun exclaimed while kicking off his shoes. Jae took off his shoes, neatly placing them in the shoe rack before quickly following the other boy into the house.

Younghyun had a confused expression on his face. "I guess he's not home." The guy mumbled, glancing at the clock. Jae looked around a little. The house was a little messier than the last time he had visited, but it didn't matter. It was cleaner than his room anyway.

"Let's go to my room... He's probably at the store or something." Younghyun stated and pulled out his phone, probably to text the man. Jaehyung nodded his head a little. The other boy started walking to his room and Jae just followed him like a lost puppy.

"I told him you're here. He's still at work and said he'd bring pizza." Younghyun explained, crashing down onto his bed before letting out a sigh. "Okay..." Jae said quietly. Pizza sounded good, even if they had just eaten ramen and snacks

Younghyun turned his head to the younger before patting the bed. "Don't be so shy. I don't bite." He said, shuffling to the side a little. "Unless you want me to." The flirty tone made Jae's cheeks head up.

"Sh-Shut up." He mumbled before making his way to the bed and sitting down on the edge of it. A dramatic sigh came from the other and Jae was pulled down. "And what if I don't?"  Younghyun asked. Jae stared at the other guy, eyes probably wide as saucers.

"Uhm... W-Well... That's y-your choice." Jae stuttered out, turning his gaze elsewhere. Younghyun laughed softly. "You're... You're honestly adorable." The guy stated.

If Jae's heart wasn't racing at the earlier slight, playful flirting. It sure as hell was now. "Th-Thanks." He mumbled as a response, smiling slightly. 

Sungjin and the others had said those words too but they felt different coming from Younghyun. So much different.

They fell silent after that, mainly just enjoying the presence of each other. "You know, they're holding a festival at the end of the school year... You know a few weeks from now.." Younghyun started, making Jae turn to look at him.

"Wh... What about it?" Jae asked. Younghyun just shrugged. "I dunno... I know you aren't the social or party type but I wondered if you'd wanna come with me?" The guy asked. 

Once again, the thought of "Why me?" came into Jae's head.

"Seonghwa and Yeosang will probably bail the thing to have their own celebration... I just want to check the event out." Jae listened to the guy talk before nodding. "S-Sure.. I m-mean.. Sungjin wou-would have dragged me there anyways." He responded.

It wouldn't hurt too much to go, would it?

"Great... Awesome." Younghyun chuckled, grinning slightly. "I'm glad.."

Younghyun's father came home a bit later, calling the two boys into the kitchen. "Good to see you again, Jae." Younghyun's father greeted the guest. Jae bowed his head a little bit.

even if it was only his second time staying there, he really felt welcome. Younghyun's dad was genuinely nice and Hanging out with Younghyun himself was still surreal. Even if it wasn't under the most appealing conditions. 

He could just hope that he wasn't a bother to the household.

"Jae'll be staying for a few days... It won't be an issue right?" The bass player confirmed from the old man who nodded his head. "Of course not. Well not for me. Your mother is a whole another problem." The man huffed, pointing at the dinner table and instructing the teenagers to sit down.

"Her opinion doesn't matter. She doesn't pay the bills here." Younghyun stated, dragging Jae to the table. The boy had listened to the conversation. 

Younghyun had issues of his own with his family so maybe in a way the bassist understood him and his life? Hopefully, at least. 

Mr. Kang set the table before sitting down himself.

"So school is coming to an end soon, right?" The man asked. The two teens nodded their heads a little. They still had a year to go, even college after that but the summer break was definitely deserved.

"Any plans?" The question was clearly more pointed at Jae. The boy pulled his lips into a line and shook his head a little. 'I'll probably just sleep.' he signed, considering adding something. 'Unless Sungjin drags me out.' he added then and nodded his head. 

That was mostly what he had done the past summers. "I'm sure you'll get something to do, don't worry too much. Of course, resting is good too."

Younghyun stared in silence at the two. "what did he say? I only got "sleep" out of that." The boy asked, muttering the words out towards the end.

Jae held back a small smile. He had forgotten that Younghyun had started learning sing language. That still surprised him.

"Right. He just said that if Sungjin drags him out he'll just sleep." Mr. Kang explained to his son, patting the boy on the shoulder a little. Younghyun nodded a little, mumbling an "okay".

"You've honestly done miracles, Jae." The old man then stated, making Younghyun huff quietly. "He goes to school on time, doesn't party... Hell, he even started learning sign language." He explained. Jae glanced at his friend, who was munching on a slice of pizza. 

'I'm glad to have a positive effect.' Jae signed, chuckling softly.

~~~~~

bringing an end to a story is hard when you never expected it to get many reads so you hadn't exactly... planned the whole thing out. but i have an idea for the ending now so, that shouldn't be too far now.

i've probably messed up a few times with the time of the year and stuff but i, to be completely honestly, lost the plot at chapter 20 maybe..

but i'm still glad that this book has gotten semi-big. hell, it even hit #1 on the jaehyungparkian tag, and that just is, wow... i never expected that, really

i'm sorry for the big gaps in between updates too, but it's summer break for me now so i should be able to focus on all of my stories instead of one per like a week...

so thank you all for reading this story and i'll try to update soon!