~9~

~Jaehyung pov~

It's Monday again. Yay. I went home after the picnic even though I really didn't know if I could. Mom seemed to have calmed down since she didn't scream at me when i stepped foot into the house.

Once again I stand before the gates of hell -school.. I mean school. I turn up the music in my headphones and walk through the gates. Head down I walk to the doors and go inside. 

Soon enough I find myself sitting with Sungjin in class. I could care less about school right now. I just wanna go home and watch YouTube or something. I place my head down on Hyung's shoulder. "You have free hours after this, right? You should go somewhere to rest." Sungjin says. I nod and close my eyes.

Just maybe I fell asleep during class. Just maybe I woke up after the bell rung and just maybe Sungjin had to rush into his next class so now I'm alone. Damn it.

I find my way to an empty music room and sigh. One of the only places I can be in peace. I comb my hair with my fingers as I walk over to the piano. I place my backpack onto the floor and sit down. I can't play it well, but I'm ok. I don't feel like tuning one of the school's guitars.

I place my hands onto the keyboard gently and start playing. I didn't notice or hear anyone entering the room until the sound of an electric guitar rings in my ears making me stop playing the piano. I turn to see Younghyun. I am... Not surprised.

"Sorry.. I didn't realize it had been left on.." he laughs scratching his neck. I nod gently and stand up. "You don't have to go. You can stay. I won't bother you." He says calmly and I sit my ass back down and nod.

"What were you playing? It sounded good." He says. I blink. Was he actually talking to me? He soon realizes. "Oh yeah.. Uhm.." He mumbles. I bite my bottom lip gently. I dig a notebook from my back back and a pen. I quickly write name of the song and the artist on the paper, rip the piece out then handing it towards him. He smiles and takes the note from my hands. "I'll check it out." He smiles at me.

Can I die?  He's so beautiful. I smile awkwardly at him and turn my gaze towards the wall. "No finger guns this time?" he laughs. Don't remind me omfg. I let out a quiet laugh and shake my head.

I glance at the guy who seems to be thinking. "Wanna play with me?" he asks. I raise my eyebrow. Am I still sleeping. "Answerr." He whines. I bite my lip and then nod quickly. "Any suggestions?" he asks. I think for a second before going through my backpack an pull out a folder full of music notes.

I pull out a few sheets of paper and hand them to him. "Congratulations?" he asks looking through the papers and I nod. "Who is this by?" he asks. I bite my tongue gently. I write down on a piece of paper that it's by my friend group, but still a bit unfinished. He smiles again a bit more widely. "Sounds good. I can try." He says. 

Younghyun gets a acoustic guitar and sits down. "Can I sing?" he asks. I nod. "Cool. Start playing when you're ready." To be honest: I've never played the piano for this song, I mostly play the guitar so I am definitely not the right person for this. I swallow nervously before starting to play.

After a few minutes we finish. I pull my shaking hands into my lap. I have NEVER been this nervous while playing. I did not want to fail in front of Younghyun, and I didn't. "You did well. But it's obvious you don't play the piano, right?" He asks. I nod gently. "You still did good." he compliments. 

Younghyun hands me back my music sheets. "I'd like to do this more often." he states. I look at him surprised. Does he really mean it? 

"You seem cool to be with despite your muteness, Jae. Don't let what Seonghwa and the others say get to you, okay?"