11: Quirk Apprehension Test

Midoriya decided that his wings were confusing and, at times, annoying.

He was in the changing rooms, holding in front of him the sports uniform top. It had two slits, large enough for his wings to come out of, in the back. It didn't have any magnets lined, though, so it didn't close. Oh, goody.

It's not like he could get cold (his quirk made his body temperature much warmer he had realised) but due to the holes, the wind that slipped in made him feel a little exposed.

Another thing; he was fairly certain that this wasn't fireproof. Probably so that it wouldn't give him an advantage to others with fire quirks when training, but come on . He didn't want to be fighting shirtless, thank you very much. Hopefully he wouldn't have to fight in this anyway, and get to change into something else.

The good thing, however, was that he could retract his wings, so he didn't have much of a hassle getting it on. He was ever so grateful for that part of his quirk.

While he changed, he felt Bakugo's glare burning into his head like lasers. He was still hyped at himself that he managed to stand up to his bully, but now, if he was being honest, he was a little scared about what Bakugo would do.

He pushed it to the back of his mind and walked out of the changing rooms, towards Aizawa and the rest of the class.

" Hey, Midoriya!" Uraraka called from beside Iida and Koda.

He smiled and waved back, coming to a stop next to them. " Hi Uraraka, Koda, Iida. What do you think we're doing?"

Uraraka hummed in thought, " Not sure. I mean, aren't we supposed to be at the orientation right now?"

" You are correct," Iida stated. " We should be at the orientation. Maybe there was a change of plans, or something..."

The conversation couldn't go on, however, as Aizawa started speaking.

He talked about how they were doing a quirk assessment test. Then;

" Bakugo," he called. " You were first in the practical exams. In junior high, what was your best result in the softball throw?"

67 meters , Midoriya thought.

" 67 meters," Bakugo answered, oblivious to the former's thoughts. He had been watching and analysing the blonde for a while. Of course he'd know.

" Then try doing it with your quirk," Aizawa instructed.

Soon, Bakugo was in the ring marked out with white chalk with a softball in hand.

He drew his hand back and it warmed up rapidly. " DIE!"

Bakugo launched it with a large explosion and a yell, leaving rings of smoke and heat in its path.

" Die...?!" Midoriya murmured.

Bakugo grinned as Aizawa announced his score. " 705.2 meters."

" It looks like fun!" someone said. Midoriya grimaced. Shouldn't have said that...

" 'Looks like fun', huh?" Aizawa said, as he had expected. " Alright. Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion."

Midoriya only raised his eyebrows in amusement a little at Aizawa while everyone panicked. The only people who weren't were Bakugo, a girl with a high, black ponytail, and a boy with red and white hair. Though, the latter didn't seem to show any emotions so far anyway, so Midoriya wasn't sure if he was panicking or not. They soon started.