33: Cavalry Battle (Planning)

Summary:

Previously:
----
He felt his heart thumping as loud as drums in his chest, felt it beating in his ears, felt like it would leap out at any second.

He broke out of the tunnel.

And he emerged into the stadium with a grin that could overpower the sun and eyes sparkling like diamonds.

Present Mic's voice flooded the stadium, just managing to be heard over the ear-splitting noise the crowd was making. " And Izuku Midoriya has taken first place! What a splash he's made!"
----
This was kinda rushed and kinda just a filler but umm I hope you like it! I just wanted to get a chapter out for you guys to read :)

----

Chapter 33: Cavalry Battle (Planning)

----

The next obstacle was a cavalry battle.

And guess how many points Midoriya had on his back for winning the last challenge?

Ten -goddamn- million.

Which, for the record, was quite a darn lot.

Everyone around him was watching him like predators to prey. It was... unnerving, to say the least. He shook his head and looked around to see if anyone would want to be in his cavalry group.

Bakugo had gone with Kirishima and a few others, so that choice was a no (the grin that the blonde shot at him just screamed, 'do your best, nerd, cause I want a good fight in the finals' and filled him with determination).

The other Class 1-A people had gotten in groups already, though many gave him looks of goodluck.

... Oh.

Except one Class 1-A student.

Kouda walked up to him with a small smile. Midoriya smiled back.

" Hey, Ko!" he said. " Do you wanna be, uh, in my team...? You don't have to, of course, since it'll be hardest to win. The whole ten million and all, hehe. I mean, it would be a hell of a challenge, and all the other teams will be targeting us, so thats gonna be a problem - all the more for you not wanting to be on my team, and besides, I doubt anyone else would want to, too, so if you were on my team there'd only be-"

A hand landed on his shoulder from behind and he startled a bit.

" Midoriya, calm down," Shinso said with a small smirk as he walked into view from behind him. " We want to be on your team, regardless of the challenge. If anything, that just makes it better. We'll be able to prove ourselves to everyone with all eyes on us. That is, if you'll accept us."

Midoriya was practically vibrating. " If you're sure, then of course you can join! Now we only need one more person, and I think I have a plan. We just need someone who can get us out of reach from people temporarily, if it's really needed - which it most probably will be. The best option would be to go high, but-"

" Hello Brocco-boy!" the support-girl from the obstacle course exclaimed as she bounded up to them.

Midoriya smiled, about to say hi back, before remembering the nickname. He sighed. " It's the hair, isn't it?"

" Yup!" she grinned.

Shinso looked between them in confusion. " What about the hair? Who's this? And did she just call you Brocco-boy?"

" His hair makes him look like broccoli, therefore earning the name Brocco-boy!" the girl explained enthusiastically. " And I'm Mei Hatsume, future CEO of Hatsume Industries! Can I be on your team, Tired Boy?"