37: Izuku Midoriya versus Mashirao Ojiro

Summary:

Previously:
----
Midoriya smiled weakly. " That's probably the only promising thing I've got. Thanks, guys, though... Not for the foreshadowing stuff. I did not need that."

" I mean, it did calm you down a bit," Shinso pointed out.

" ... I- I guess? But still-"

" Exactly, which is why you won't mind me saying that the traitor might turn out to be in your class, the evil force might be dead set on killing you only-"

" Okay seriously stop now, even Sir Nighteye would be scared now-"

" -and-"

" No."
----

Okay, this is really short and a day late, and I'm really sorry about that! No spoilers, ill explain in the end notes XD HOWEVER Mido fights Ojiro! I'm pretty sure you guys know who'll win, but ey, read on anyway cos for some strange reason you guys are still reading this(??).

(i just realised the power i hold over you all. I could end this fic and you'd know nothing about what was going to happen next. I could do that. You'd never know. You'd go crazy wondering what would happen. You'd never know. (ಠ_ಠ))

----

Chapter 37: Izuku Midoriya versus Mashirao Ojiro

----

Ojiro didn't look very kind.

Okay, yes, Midoriya knew that they were about to fight and they shouldn't be very kind with each other because of it, but his frown that screamed 'I will beat you' did absolutely nothing to calm his nerves. He didn't even try to return the shaky smile Midoriya gave him. Or maybe it was his tactic. To intimidate before the fight.

" Match number one," Present Mic yelled. " Even though he's done well, what's with that face?!"

Midoriya was already very aware of how his face portrayed 'I'm dying inside' and 'Let's do this, Plus Ultra' merged together without that part of Mic's commentary, thank you very much.

" It's Izuku Midoriya from the Hero Course! Versus--"

Ojiro kept on walking with an intimidating, determined expression (at least, in Midoriya's eyes).

" Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! It's Mashirao Ojiro, also from the Hero Course!"

They walked to a stop at opposite sides of the stage/podium/concrete thing as fires roared at all four corners. Present Mic kept talking.

" The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds or immobilize them. You can also win by making your opponent say, 'I give up'! Bring on the injuries, because we have our very own Recovery Girl on standby. Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But anything life-threatening is crap. It's not allowed! Heroes should only use their fists to catch villains!"

Cementoss added from his cement chair, " I'll stop things if they get too far."

Present Mic carried on, " Ready?!"

" Start!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Midoriya's wings snapped open and he rocketed towards Ojiro. As expected, his tail and arms lifted, ready to block, so Midoriya took Kouda's advice and wrapped himself in his wings at the last moment. (Now he looked less like a kid with wings and more like a flaming green cocoon, or a very large and very on-fire bullet, with legs . :0)