13: Deku VS Kacchan

As they leapt towards each other, Bakugo extended his right arm to punch. Midoriya grabbed it and twisted, sidestepping to the side, causing Bakugo to swing round. Now in view of a weak point, the winged boy kneed him in the stomach and let go of the arm, leaping back to around a meter away.

Bakugo collided with the floor and grimaced when it became slightly hard to breathe because of the knee hit.

" Bastard!" he roared as he sprung back up to his feet and leapt at Midoriya again, explosions blazing.

Midoriya crouched and Bakugo rocketed over him. He quickly caught himself, however, with another explosion midair and kicked the other boy with both feet in between his wings. He jumped back before the heat of the wings burned him and grinned.

Meanwhile Midoriya's chin collided with the ground - thanks to Bakugo's kick - making his teeth clash painfully. He scrambled to get up before the blonde could get another hit in.

Over his earpiece, he heard Uraraka report, " Midoriya, I think I hear Iida. I'm on the fifth floor. I'm gonna go check it out."

" Alright, you do that, thanks," he muttered back, his eyes glued on Bakugo, in front of him.

Bakugo snarled and jumped at him again, forcing him to fly above him... Only, Bakugo predicted that he'd do that with his newfound wings, and angled an explosion above him, catching Midoriya.

He yelped and swerved, tumbling to the floor. He got back up just as quickly and crouched into a defensive position, but he didn't have a single burn mark on him.

Bakugo growled, " Always thought you had a weird-ass flame resistance. Now I know where you got it, and it's pissing me the fuck off."

" Why?!" Midoriya cried, finally exasperated at his words. " Why do you hate that I have a quirk so much?! Why don't you want me to be a hero?

" Why don't you want me--" He ran up to Bakugo. " To achieve--" Uppercut punched him in the chin before the blonde could throw another explosion. " My dream?!"

Bakugo's back hit the floor, and the explosive blonde kicked Midoriya in the chest as he came close. He jumped back to his feet as Midoriya did the same.

Midoriya's emotions got stronger and his flames flared in turn. Bakugo noticed, and made a mental note to stay away from the wings as much as possible.

The blonde furrowed his brow and crouched. If he had to... He was going to. Despite the dark feeling in his gut.

Midoriya did the same, his flames flaring and getting larger in size. " Why did you bully, Kacchan?! What made you do shitty things just for the sake of them?!"

Bakugo growled and he couldn't even register the tiny flicker of relief at his old childhood name being called after so long, or the slight shock of Midoriya swearing. He was too busy fixated on worrying if what he was about to do would be right or wrong.