34: Cavalry Battle (Sort of But Pls Dont Be Mad-)

Summary:

Previously:
----
Midoriya smiled. " I think we're ready. Remember; if anyone gets too close, one of you will alert me if I haven't already seen them, and I'll tell you guys to activate the jetpacks and hoverboots. This isn't really a game of battle anymore, for us. All we need to focus on is keeping away from other teams and protecting the ten mil. Now, Hatsu. Where are the items?"

She beamed.
----
... I look pretty good for a dead bitch (im sorry-)
mwahahaha I finally posted suck on that writer's block-
The Cavalry Battle, but I couldn't write halfway through and ended up adding something else... >:)

----

Chapter 34: Cavalry Battle (Sort of But Pls Dont Be Mad-)

----

Midoriya tightened his headband, seated over his 'horses'. Kouda, supporting most of his weight, was in front of him, Shinso and Hatsume out of view behind him. They were positioned quite far away from all the other teams.

He grinned, toxic green eyes glaring right back at any stares. He and his friends were so gonna win this.

" Now, let's go!" Present Mic yelled. " Counting down to the brutal battle royal!"

" Three!"

Midoriya saw Bakugo's team a little way away, the explosive blond - the rider - cracking his knuckles with a bloodthirsty grin.

" We're aiming for..."

" Two!"

He slid his gaze to Todoroki's team, where said boy was regarding him with a cold stare. They made eye contact, silently challenging each other.

" One thing."

" One!"

Midoriya smirked, readying himself, hyper aware of the headband he was wearing. It weighed heavily, but not in a bad way.

It showed he was not weak, and would not cower. It showed he had won the last challenge.

And he would do so again.

" Start!"

Immediately, all the teams rushed forward towards Midoriya's team. He felt his friends tense beneath him - with the exception of Hatsume, she seemed very confident.

" Hold it," he murmured.

They got closer.

" Hold it..."

Closer still. They were a few meters away now.

" Midoriya," Shinso warned, but Midoriya shook his head.

" Hold it."

Bakugo, the closest, reached for the headband.

But Midoriya wasn't going down so easily.

His fist connected with the angry blonde's face and pushed him away.

" Now!" Midoriya ordered.

(... if he was being honest he just wanted to punch him. No reason why, actually.)

A humming sound was heard and their hover boots activated, at the same time as their jetpacks. Midoriya wore neither so that he could use his wings freely and without being dragged down, but Hatsume had made some quick tweaks on the items beforehand to ensure that they could carry him.

Immediately they were over the other contestants - and Bakugo was cursing and holding his nose atop his horses.

He scowled, " You're gonna pay for that!"