12: Battle Trial

When Midoriya woke up the next day, a thought floated into his head. He wasn't even fully conscious, but he was, for some reason, thinking about his quirk.

Where did it come from?

It was a simple question, but it had a complex answer. He had no idea. 'Where did it come from' as in, it's origins in the DNA.

He knew for a fact that his mom didn't have wings. The flames were explainable, of course, with Hisa-- his father having a fire breathing quirk. But again, his mom had a telekinesis quirk. Where did the wings come from? Could he control his wings like Hawks, then? Even if that was the case, that didn't explain the actual wings.

Over breakfast, he thought, before deciding to ask his mom.

" Mom?" he placed down his spoon. " So... You know how I have wings with fire as a quirk?"

She hummed, deciding that this was important and giving him his full attention.

" Where did the wings come from? I mean, I'm pretty sure you don't have wings. And Hi- Dad doesn't either. So, I'm pretty confused."

Inko hummed in thought. " I have an idea... Though, I'm not sure. I didn't know her, really..."

" Know... who?" Izuku questioned.

Inko didn't seem to hear him and started subconsciously leaving the kitchen after cleaning up a little, murmuring to herself. " Yes... I'll have to ask him... What if...? Yes... Yeah, I'll do that, then, but... Ah, yes..."

She walked out.

Midoriya sighed. He wasn't getting any answers soon, and he was going to be late if he didn't get a move on.

At school, things couldn't possibly get worse. There he was, standing with Uraraka in his hero suit, wanting to just melt into a puddle of nothingness. Because, in front of him, was All Might. And All Might was teaching him.

This was the best day ever. He met All Might (for the second time, but anyway-). Yay .

(Note the SARCASM, please .)

He remembered earlier that afternoon, when lil' past him was sitting obliviously at his desk having just come in from lunch.

" I am... Coming through the door like a normal person!" All Might yelled as he swung open the door and strode into the classroom. While everyone else squealed and gushed over the fact that the number 1 hero was in front of them (save Bakugo, of course, though he did smile subtly), all Midoriya could think of was, ' 'Normal'? Ha. In your wildest dreams, and stop goddamn yelling, please.' He surprised himself a little by his own thoughts, but, let's be honest, All Might is kinda a douchebag. He doubted he even had a teacher's license.

All Might announced that they'd be doing a battle trial. At least that was going to be exciting, right? Not so exciting, however, was the fact that he was going against... Bakugo. Joy.

He hadn't realised that All Might was teaching at UA, since his mind was more focused on training than all that, so he was taken aback when All Might said that he's be their hero-ing teacher. It would've been better if he'd given himself a heads up. Alas, life loved to make things hard.

So, here he was, standing beside Uraraka and trying to come up with a plan, while All Might and the rest of 1-A watched the battle going on behind screens.

" -lright, that'll work," Midoriya continued. " So, if we do that, then after we get past, we'll win. It should go alright, but expect bumps. We need to be prepared for anything and everything they throw at us."