27: Nightmares

Summary:

Previously;

----

Shinso had a small idea. " Wait, but what if... Midoriya, your flames flare up when they sense pain or danger, and when you have strong emotions, right?"

Midoriya nodded, unsure of where his friend was going.

" Well, what if we just gave him something that makes him feel no pain...? Would that work?" Shinso offered, a hand on the nape of his neck.

Recovery Girl frowned. " ... It could , actually. That's a great idea. Midoriya, are you up for it?"

He nodded, eyes set in determination. " Yup! Let's do this!"

----

This is sorta a filler chapter but also not???? The friendship between baku and mido is strengtHENING >:D

(TW: Panic attack (or I try to describe it anyway :P))

----

Chapter 27; Nightmares

----

" 'Zuku, 'Zuku, ' Zuku ... !" a figure tutted as it loomed over him. It pouted innocently, but it was hiding something dark and scary. Izuku didn't like it. " If you just do as I say, I won't be so mad at you. Why can't you see that? Why can't you just comply to my wishes ?"

Izuku didn't know what was happening, or what the scary man wanted, but his small hands shook and every instinct he had was scream to get away , get away , get away , GET AWAY GET AWAY, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN--

The man tilted it's head to the side when Izuku didn't move (he COULDN'T move, couldn't think, couldn't breathe, couldn't yell, couldn't--). His smile dropped into a snarl, black smoke slipping through his lips.

(When did 'it' become a 'he'...?)

" 'Zuku... You know, your mother isn't here. I could do whatever I wanted to you."

No, go away.

" That is, if you don't snitch."

Go away.

" I can do anything either way, though. Either you let me get my hands on you - discipline you - or you snitch, and, well..."

Shut up. Go away. You're mean. You're scary.

" I take it out on Inko, too."

His mind blanked for a second, before realisation hit his young brain like a truck.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, not mommy! I can do what you want! Please!

He couldn't get his mouth to move.

" Fine then."

The man opened his mouth and black fire engulfed his vision.

But suddenly the fire cleared and Izuku was on the floor, and could see the same man over him, hand clamped over his throat.

He was older. Both of them were.

And then Izuku realised that he couldn't breathe. He scratched at the hand, clawed at it, wishing on whatever deity that was watching over to save him --

The man grinned, a gleaming, chilling grin that shook him to his core. He felt himself getting weaker, the fight in him dimming, as oxygen refused to enter his body.