22: Aftermath

'--Has four fractured ribs and a broken one, a concussion, he's dehydrated and suffering from blood loss, he had a large gash in his right thigh and his bicep, bruises on his neck, back and chest, several cuts, and second-degree burns stretching from his hands to his elbows. I was able to heal the more important ones, however for the things like his injuries in his thigh and bicep, I just patched them up normally. Midoriya doesn't show any signs of waking up soon. I'm suspecting it's from a quirk drawback. He won't die on my watch, though, so don't worry. But anyway, you should be resting! You look - and sound - like a mummy! Get back into that hospital bed right this instant, you absolute--"

The words rang in Aizawa's head as he opened the door to class 1-A.

Immediately, the class quietened and he walked to the front. " Morning."

" Mr Aizawa?!" the class responded.

Then Iida chopped his hands, " You're back too soon!"

" My well being doesn't matter," the hero grumbled as he stood at the podium. " However--"

" Where's Deku?" Bakugo asked, his feet on his desk and hands in pockets. At first glance, you would have thought that he honestly didn't care, however the tension in his shoulders and the stiffness in his arms told a different story. " He isn't here yet. The nerd was fatally injured at the USJ. So where the fuck is he?"

Aizawa sighed. I need more coffee for this shit. He had forgotten that Bakugo and Midoriya were so close. Well, it looked a little rough for the first two days, but they were extremely close now. " Right now, he's resting in Recovery Girl's office. His injuries... Are pretty bad."

Bakugo swallowed thickly. It didn't go unnoticed. Then something interesting and unexpected happened.

" M-Mr Aizawa," Koda spoke quietly, yet loud enough for everyone to hear. Not that Koda didn't speak at all, it was just that he preferred to use sign, which was why most of the class was taken aback slightly. " How... H-How ba-bad are his... How bad are h-his injuries?"

Oh, of course, Aizawa thought. Midoriya's Koda's best friend. " They... He has many injuries, but the most fatal ones are probably his fractured ribs and the broken one-" (he didn't miss how some had winced or gasped) " -and he is unconscious. He shows no signs of waking up, and Recovery Girl has suspected that it is a drawback form his quirk, but he will definitely be up again tomorrow evening at the latest."

Koda nodded and stared at his desk. Aizawa added, " He'll be fine, don't worry. Anyone can visit him at lunch if anyone wants to."

He nodded again, but smiled.

Aizawa hid a smile in his capture weapon, completely forgetting about the bandages that wrapped his face like a mummy. " Onto a completely different topic--"

The door slammed open and everyone startled.

" Aizawa! Sorry 'm late, 'm super tired and Recovery Girl said that I should stay in bed and rest but I said that I'd be missing out on hero lessons and she still argued with me but then I said that if I don't go now then I might not learn something that'll be important in the future and might save my life! And I doubt that was a very good argument, but I think she just didn't want to argue any further so she gave me this medicine-gum thingy that'll help me stay awake in class and give me energy and 'm pretty sure 'm tired because of my quirk drawback so I've realised quirks aren't always that good, y'know? Drawbacks suck. Still like my wings though. Oh it was also probably from Recovery Girl's quirk, though, so I guess my quirk isn't all to blame. But also I brought some coffee with me just in case I get super tired and I hope that's allowed, otherwise I can just bin it or save it for later, or you could have it if you want? It's black, your fav- I mean, it's black and you seem like the guy who'd like black cof--"