15: Class Rep

" Sorry about the late notice," Aizawa announced at the front of class. " But today, I'll have you..."

The whole class seemed to tense as to what he was about to make them do. Considering the last lesson, Midoriya guessed it was an understandable reaction. To him, however, having spent at least three hours everyday for the past ten months with Aizawa, he knew it wouldn't be anything too bad. Then again, Aizawa was usually quite a wild card. The empty desk behind him proved that.

"... Choose a class representative."

Immediately, the class erupted.

" I want to be class rep! Pick me!"

" Me too!"

" I want to do it too."

" It's a job made for m-"

" I'LL DO IT!"

Midoriya winced at the volume, and he knew Koda probably had too. They were both quite quiet people. Although, Midoriya tended to be a little more bubbly at times--

" LET ME DO IT! ME!"

Ouch, Kacchan. Whyyy?

" Silence, please!" iida demanded, successfully quieting the room to Midoriya's content. " It is a job of serious responsibility to lead others! It is not a job for just anyone who wants to do it. It is a calling that requires the trust of those around you. If we want to use democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should make an election to choose one!"

He turned to Aizawa, who was caught in the act of getting into his yellow sleeping bag. " What do you think, Mr Aizawa?"

" I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over. And be quiet." With that, he flopped onto the floor and took a nap. Nice.

" Then, the class rep is Izuku Midoriya, and the deputy class rep will be Momo Yaoyorozu," Aizawa called out.

" ... W-What?!" Midoriya stuttered out. " How did I get three votes?!"

" What?! Who voted for Deku?!" Bakugo roared.

Behind him, Uraraka suspiciously started whistling, while Koda curled up slightly while eying the blonde and Iida... Hm. Iida looked defeated and sad, seemingly not hearing the raging boy in the background. Midoriya immediately knew why; he hadn't gotten class rep. He seemed like the leading type though - only, Midoriya had voted for Yaoyorozu instead. She seemed the most level headed and laid back, perfect for the position of class rep.

But some how, Midoriya was class rep. That- that didn't even make any sense?! Why would they vote for him ?!

" Alright, class dismissed," Aizawa stated, returning to his sleeping bag, and cutting off Midoriya's thoughts.

Oh well. Better get to lunch with Ko, then, before I overthink this too much.

Midoriya's face slammed against the glass of the wall, letting out a grunt. His back heated up and prickled in alarm.

" Mi-Mido!" Koda yelped somewhere in the stampede of students as they were wrenched further away from each other.

Honestly, he would have thought the older second and third year UA students would be better at this stuff. Especially the hero course students.

No such luck, apparently. They were all headless chickens at the slight flicker of danger.

This was just great; the perfect way to end lunch. Note the sarcasm.