19: The USJ

Midoriya gritted his teeth as he scanned the USJ's many zones. What would be the best place to land? If he landed in the fire zone, he wouldn't be able to help anyone in there since Tsu couldn't go in there, and splitting up wasn't exactly their plan here. The downpour storm zone didn't seem like it was a good place because of the water there (he just had a bad feeling about it, alright?), as well as anything else with a dome or closed off space, really. He wouldn't be able to take off if the need arises, which it most probably will.

That left the ruins zone, the landslide zone and the mountain zone, as well as the entrance, where he could spot a few people being protected by Thirteen. He could also go and help Aizawa, but he seemed to be handling himself well and he was an experienced pro hero, after all. Plus, he didn't want to do anything that might distract him.

Although he felt a little bad, he knew that if they were going to get through this unscathed, he'd have to group up with the strongest if possible. A few strong, aspiring heroes against a swarm of strong and (probably) experienced villains? They were at a huge disadvantage, but maybe this was going to turn out as okay as a villain attack could turn out to be.

A swish of ice caught his attention, dragging his eyes to a figure, a blob of red an dwhite from where he was hovering. He was in the landslide zone; perfect.

Making sure Tsu was secure, he dived down, wind whistling exhilaratingly past his ears, and landed a few paces away from Todoroki. The dual-haired boy was walking away from a villain, but his head turned to face them as he let go of Tsu.

" Midoriya, Asui," he somewhat greeted.

" Todoroki!" Midoriya rushed over to him, Tsu by his side. " We're trying to regroup so that we can fight against the villains together. Think you can join us?"

Todoroki paused, thinking, before nodding. " Alright. We need the most powerful in this class if this plan of yours is going to work, though. Although I hate to admit it, Bakugo is probably one of the strongest, excluding us. Then there's Tokoyami and maybe Shouji. Those are the ones we need to prioritise."

A bit blunt, but okay , Midoriya thought, slightly amused. He had okay analysis skills, though, based on his list of 'strong' people.

" Well," the winged boy said. " We do also need to make sure everyone is alright if we come across anyone else, and anyway, the more people we have, the better. We don't know how strong these people are, so we should bring as many people as possible."

Tsu added, " Yes, kero, we'll need as many people as possible, as well as the strongest, though it is a little blunt. The villains seem to have gone for quantity over quality, based on how quickly Aizawa is taking them down."

A quick glance to the center of the USJ showed that Tsu was right; Aizawa was taking down villains left and right, with barely a cut on himself, though. He was nearing the three figures that seemed like the leaders. One of them seemed incredibly large, but from the height they were at, it was hard to see.

With a little hesitation, Todoroki nodded again. " Okay. We should go to the ruins zone--"

A yell echoed from where Aizawa was, and Midoriya's head turned so fast he could've gotten whiplash. He just managed to see Aizawa punch the light-blue haired man down, before fighting off two other villains who had tried to jump him. What Midoriya really noticed, however, was his mentor's arm; it was cracking and grey, and blood started trickling out of the gash.

Midoriya cursed under his breath. Things couldn't get any worse - Aizawa had an arm that was injured like what seemed fatally, since he could see the blood from where he was, and he knew if things progressed like this then--

It just got worse. Dammit I spoke too goddamn soon .

The bulking figure loomed over Aizawa, and Midoriya immediately knew things were about to go to shit.

Joy.

This trip was going great.

" Midoriya, wait--" Todoroki and Tsu yelled, but Midoriya was already gone in a blur, their voices lost in the wind that howled in his ears. All that he could focus on was his teacher's body and the gruesome monster that was pinning him down.

The bulky figure that he had seen earlier was definitely not a leader. Standing at at least six foot tall, it's exposed brain and rolling eyes was fastened on to a sharp bird beak that made Midoriya shiver - even though he was technically half bird - and it's dark, navy skin, littered with ugly red scars, was draped over rippling muscles that seemed to rival even All Might's. (Midoriya was ever so grateful that it wore shorts, though that was pretty self-explanatory.)

It screeched as it crushed Aizawa's arm, Midoriya's teacher letting out an ear-splitting yell.

Midoriya spurred his wings faster as he tried to clear his mind enough to be able to function properly.

He quickly assessed the creature's weakness as they got closer and closer.

Protruding eyes and brain, neck, maybe the place where the-sun-doesn't-shine--

Y'know what? Scrap that. 'S too late now--

He managed to twist himself midair and kicked the creature in the side of the head- brain?

Although it didn't do much, the monster stumbled ever so slightly, before recovering and screeching so loud he was sure his ears were going to bleed.

He didn't land; instead flying up again and landing on it's exposed brain. Trying to keep his balance, he quickly grabbed and squeezed it's eyeballs (he was gagging and puking inside). The monster thrashed, sending Midoriya to the ground with its blood splattering everywhere.

He managed to make out Aizawa grunt, " He-- he's as st-strong a-as All Mig-ght! Be C-careful--"

Before the monster grabbed his head and forced it down fiercely, creating a small crater.

Midoriya was speechless, his eyes wide in horror. He didn't see the warp-gate villain appear next to the pale man. He didn't hear their conversation. Though he just managed to register--

" --eave, let's smash some of his pride as the Symbol of Peace!" the man with a hand covering his face grinned sadistically. Midoriya narrowed his eyes and saw Tsu and Todoroki arriving.

Wait...

Without warning, the man lunged towards Tsu as she bound towards them obliviously, his palm outstretched. Midoriya's eyes widened but he knew he wouldn't be able to get there in time--

The hand touched Tsu's face, but nothing happened.

Aizawa!

Not wasting any precious time, Midoriya rushed forward and beat his wings at the last second, emitting a heat wave large enough to give at least fourth-degree burns. It kicked up loads of dust, but he was sure that the villain should be at least down--

But what should he have expected from this hell-ride of a trip?

In front of him, with barely a scratch, stood the navy-coloured monster, it's eyeballs twitching-- wait. He had-- that shouldn't-- it shouldn't have those. They-- they were supposed to be gone. Then what--

" You move well," Facepalm said. " Oh well. I'm done with you."

The huge monster brought up it's large hand, ready to clench Midoriya in it like a bug, but--

" Whoah, whoah, whoah. Wait," a voice drawled, the smirk evident. To his surprise the creature stilled. " I wanna play a little with this guy, too."

And that's when Midoriya remembered in icy horror--

-- There had been three figures that he had spied from the landslide. One of them had been missing.