26

The bell finally rung signaling the end to the day. "Wait everyone! Before you leave make sure you leave your assignment on my desk." Our teacher says as everyone starts to leave. Some already walking out. "If it's not on my desk today you will receive a zero for it." He says. "Oohh... I'm glad I'm not one of the ones who walked out already." Isabella days. I nodded as we both placed our papers on the teachers desk. Walking out the room we went to find the others. "Hey so we're going to go eat and hangout after this. You and Nicole wanna come along?" Isabella asked. "I'm down. Plus y'all can show us around." I tell her. "Sure. Oh there they go!" I looked up and saw them walking towards us with my sister.

"Y'all ready to go?" Tyrel asked and he dangled his keys. "I been ready. I'm trying eat till I can't eat no more." I said and patted my stomach. "Ok then let's go." He says. We follow him out the school and soon climb into his car. "Wait did y'all tell your mom? We don't want to get you two in trouble." Paige asked as she slid into the middle seat beside me. "No I didn't think about it. But I'll let her know now." I tell her and pull my phone out.

Y/n mi corazón❤️ : It's ok if we go eat with our friends right?

Y/n mi corazón❤️ : I mean we're already in the car with them, so...

Mother?🤷🏻‍♀️🤔 : I wish you would've asked before getting in the car with them

Y/n mi corazón❤️ : I know and I'm sorry. We can come home tho

Mother?🤷🏻‍♀️🤔 : No go have fun with your new friends. At least send me pictures of them and their names

Mother?🤷🏻‍♀️🤔 : And be home by 7! I'm making dinner tonight

Y/n mi corazón❤️ : Yes ma'am! 🙌🏾

"Alright we're good to go." I say. Even though we been on the road for a few minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woah!" Nic and I both say as we step inside the 50's themed diner, Rosa

"Woah!" Nic and I both say as we step inside the 50's themed diner, Rosa. "Right." Isabella says as we take a seat in a booth. A waitress comes and hands us a menu before leaving again. "How'd y'all find this place?" I asked. "Well one day we were just walking around. Then we stumbled upon this little diner that. Came in to eat and now it's our favorite place to eat at." Paige explains. "It's crazy not many people know about this place. This place is literally historical." Tyrel says.

"So where are you two from?" Tyrel asked. "Orlando." Nic answered. "Cool. What brought y'all to Miami?" He asked. "Family drama. A lot of family drama." I tell him. "I get it. I won't even ask what happened." Tyrel says. "Ok I have a question. How did you you get your work done in class? I swear you were sleep half of it." Isabella asked me. "Oh I copied your work." I told her. "Wait really?" She asked when she saw I was serious. "No. But whenever we were talking I was doing it." I told her. "Hi everyone! I'm your waitress Veronica. Are you all ready to order." Everyone nodded and folder what they wanted.

"Alright I'll be back in a jiff." She says happily before leaving. "So you side this was historical right? WhTs the story on this place?" I asked. "Oh I'll tell you!" Isabella says excitedly. "So back in the early 50s a lady name Rose decided to start a business. So she opened up this diner that she named Rosa. Mind you segregation was around this time. But Rose didn't care about race. She invited everyone in to her diner. Of course white people didn't like it. So many times they've tried to burn this place to the ground. They even burnt down her house." Isabella tells us. "But sadly two years ago Rose passed away from cancer." Paige says.

"Damn... I'm glad they kept her business going." Nic says. "Me too. Plus the food is amazing. Everything cooked is her recipe and it's never changed." Paige says. "Well I'll be the judge of that. Cause you really hyping this place up for some chicken that might be dry." I tell her. "You wanna bet?" Paige asks me. "Sure. Twenty dollars." I hold out my hand. She smirks before shaking my hand. "Easy money."

A/n~ I thought I'd have two days off work but I don't. But I have three free days coming up soon.

~Paradise