31

"I can't believe I've never had this before." I say as I tried some food she was making. "You never had plantains before?" Clara asked me. I shook my head and I popped another one in my mouth. "Nicole and I ate pizza and frozen dinner just about everyday. Unless we decided to cook while Caroline was gone. Most food that was cooked was Caroline's." I told her. "When we first met the cuban food you made was like eating at a five star restaurant. Everything was knew to us." I said. "Now your just boosting up her ego." Micheal says as he comes into the kitchen. He gave his wife a kiss before going to the fridge.

"Good morning Y/n. I'm surprised she's letting you eat before it's ready." He says with a smile. "Morning. She gave me a few to try since I've never had it before. It's delicious too." I tell him and eat the last one. "Glad you like it. Nicole's still sleeping?" He asked since all three of us are usually up or sleep outside on the swing. "Yeah. I'm gonna go check on her." I tell him and walk out the kitchen. "Did I miss something? Cause she's never been this nice to me." I heard him ask. Once getting up the stairs I knocked on my twins door.

"Come in!" I heard from the other side. I happily walked into Nicole's room and closed the door behind me. I saw that she was laying in bed so I climbed in and laid my bed on her shoulder. "You've been up this whole time?" I asked her since I thought she was still sleeping. "Only for an hour. My cycle started last night and it kept me up. Plus I didn't feel like getting up." Nicole tells me. "So your the reason I've been cramping." I say and she chuckles. "Don't blame me. Somebody else made me start early. I still had two weeks." She says making me groan. "There's to many females in this house. Anyways m-Clara is almost done with breakfast so come down." I tell her. I stand up and clear my throat. Weird... throat tickled a little.

Nicole gave me a weird look before getting up herself. "Why do you seem really happy? Not that it's a bad thing. It's just been while since I've seen you so happy." Nicole asks. "Oh umm... I decided to take the advice of opening up some. And I guess it kinda helped a tiny bit." I told her scratching the back of my neck. Nicole squealed and hugged me. "Yay! I'm so proud of you." She says making me laugh. "Thanks. Now let me go. I'm hungry." I tell her. She lets go with a smile still on her face. "Fine. I'll be down in a minute."

I went back downstairs and sat at the table in the dining room. "Good morning Y/n." All my older siblings say. "Morning." I smiled and pulled my phone out. Going on Disney+ to watch Hannah Montana. After a few minutes Lauren spoke up. "Ok I'm just gonna say it. Are you ok?" Lauren asked. "Yeah... why?" I asked. "Your being nice to me. You didn't ignore or start an agreement with me." She says. "Yeah I got to admit. That's pretty weird." Taylor says. "I can't be nice?" I asked them. "Not to Lauren. No." Chris says making Lauren nod and point at him. "I just don't feel the need to I guess." I say and shrug. "No Y/n. This isn't what we do. This isn't us. Insult me. Come on." Lauren says standing up. "What the fuck. Just accept my niceness." I tell her. "No! This isn't normal." She says. I look at her like she's crazy. "I'm going back to kitchen." As I leave I FaceTime Olivia. "What's up bitch!" She says excitedly. "Can you come get me? This family is weird." I ask her. "YOUR WEIRD!!" Lauren yells from the other room. Micheal and Clara laugh as they continue to cook.

A/n~ I'm really enjoying this book.

~Paradise