16

Y/n's POV

"Nicole Smith. For 17 years Caroline Smith has always been in your life. In those 17 years how was it?" Our lawyer, Jasmine, asked Nic. "It was scary at times." She answered. "And what made it scary?" Jasmine asked. "The abuse that came almost every day." Nic says. "The abuse. Could you tell the audience what would happened when you didn't have something done when she wanted it done?" Jasmine asked. "She'd get angry. There was this one time I didn't have the bathroom clean. When I found her beating Y/n. She even threw a glass at her head before leaving." My sister explained to everyone.

"And could you explain to everyone what recently happened between you both?" Jasmine asked. "Umm... well she invited who she said was a friend home for lunch. B-but when my sister and her went get the food off the porch he locked the door behind them. H-he tried to rape me. But before anything Y/n got in and stopped him." Nicole says and wipes underneath. I frowned wanting to go up with her. "She's ok Y/n." I heard Ms Greene whisper. I nodded and sat back in my seat. "Thank you Nicole. You can go back to your seat now." Jasmine says. When Nic takes her seat I turn to her. "Are you ok?" I asked and she nods. "I'm ok. Just hard to talk about." She says and pats my hand.

"I would like to call Y/n Smith up to the stands." Jasmine says. I stand and go take a seat in the chair Nic once was in. "Y/n tell me about the time Caroline thought you let a girl in a house?" Jasmine asked me. "While she was gone one of our neighbors came over. I didn't even allow the girl in our house cause I knew how my mom would react. All she wanted to know is if we had some sugar and if she could have some. So I gave her some and then my mom showed up. She freaked and started beating the fuck out of me." I say. The judge cleared her throat when I cursed. "Sorry ma'am." I apologized.

"So basically anything you two did it was wrong in her eyes. An in result it ended in you and your sister being brutally abused. Take a look at these pictures of bruises and scars left on my clients body. Some still healing now." Jasmine turned on a tv and scrolling through pictures of Nic and I bodies. Some gasps were heard around the room. I looked around and locked eyes with Lauren's mom. But I quickly looked down. "Y/n what was it like when your got locked in the house with Caroline's friend?" She asked after turning off the screen. "Terrifying. But I was mostly worried about protecting her." I said. "And how did you get in? My understanding the door was locked." She says. "I broke the window." I told her and she nods. "Ok. That's all I have for now. But I want to add that during my research I found that Caroline Smith had a child. But it wasn't twins. In fact there's no record she's even given birth to twins." She says before the other lawyer jumps up. "Objection! Caroline's deceased kid has nothing to do with this!" He says. "I'll allow it." The judge. "That's all." Jasmine says and takes a seat by Nic. Caroline's lawyer standing and making his way to the middle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You two are doing great out there. We have all the evidence to get her locked up. I'm a hundred percent certain we'll win this. All we're waiting on the jury to make a decision. It shouldn't be to much longer. Then after that we'll find out what the DNA test says." Jasmine says as we sat eating lunch in the courthouse cafe. "Can't wait." I mumbled sarcastically. Ms Greene heard me and mouthed 'Be nice.' I started looked around the room bored. I already finished my food so I was just waiting. Still kinda hungry tho.

I froze when my eyes looked with Lauren Jauregui's. She gave me a small smile a waved. I nodded my head back at her and looked at Nicole who noticed the interaction. "You kinda look like her." I said. "Really?" Nic asked shyly. "Yeah. Like a darker younger version of her. I mean not completely but I can see a similarity." I tell her. "Y/n is right. Don't even need a test to figure it out." Olivia joins in. "Ok stop complimenting. Your embarrassing me." Nic jokes making us laugh. "Now you know that wasn't a compliment. I said a little. That big ass forehead you got didn't come from them." I said making her punch my arm. "I hate you." She says. "Thank you." I say and annoyingly pull her in to a hug squeezing tightly. "Ok stop for you kill me!" She says and pushes me away. Jasmine chuckles before standing. "It's time to get back now ladies."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were now back in the courtroom. The Jury has finally come up with a decision after three hours. But first they were going to do the DNA test. Which is why the Clara and Micheal Jauregui were on the side on the opposite side of our Lawyer. "I am now going to read to you all the whether Y/n and Nicole Smith are the children of Clara and Micheal Jauregui." The judge says and proceeds to open both packets. "These results were prepared by DNA diagnostics and read as thus. When it comes 17 year olds Y/n and Nicole Smith. Mrs Jauregui... you are 98.9% their mother." Once the judge finished Clara Jauregui let out cry of happiness.

But I was left frozen learning that who I thought was my mother never was who she said she was. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. "As for Caroline Smith the jury finds you guilty for abuse, prostitution of a minor, child endangerment, and kidnapping. I hereby sentence you to 65 years in prison." The judge says. I snapped out of my daze when Caroline started yelling. "That's bullshit and you know it! I shouldn't killed y'all when I had the chances!" She yells. "Get out of here!" The judge shouts. "How you going to listen to children! I'm your the mother and you know it!" Once she was gone we were released after being told what would happen to Nic and I.

A/n~ I made this one longer. 1098 words minus this Authors note.

I bet y'all thought I changed my mind on the double upload.

~Paradise