Those ocean eye's

Percy

My mom and Paul agreed to leave New York and cut all ties with the Greeks after I begged and explained that my enemies may try to come for them and take revenge after I leave. After all that, I stayed with them for a week and helped them with their packing but I swear I saw a News report about large gatherings of owls in this area.

The day had finally arrived where I followed them to the airport. I knew it was by my request that they were leaving but my heart shattered as I watched my mom and Paul handed over their ticket and boarded the plane. I hope Zeus don't accidentally smite their plane or something.

Should I ask him nicely for a safe-

I was about to leave when I heard a loud commotion on the plane that my mom had entered. Fearing for the worst I jumped over the gate, evaded the guards and ran unto to the aircraft.

"MOM! MOM! PAUL!" I cried out as a man tried to restrained  my mom. How dare he! With my many years of battle experiences, I sent the man flying into the isle with a single punch to the face.

"Are you ok mom, did he hurt, are you-"

I was cut off as she hugged me crying her beautiful eyes out. "I can't do this Percy! Come with us....please! I can buy another ticket and we- and we do this together....like a fam...ily" she sniveled.

"Forget me mom, as much as it pains me to do say this....make a new family with Paul-"

My cheeks burned as a slap echoed through my ears. "Don't you ever....EVER! tell me to forget you! I will never do that!"

"I'm sorry mom.... but you would never be safe with me around...dads family would never let us be happy...you know that already."

"But...but...perce....."

"Tell you what..." I said unscrewing my camp beads from around my neck.  "When you wear this I will always be protecting you." I told her as I placed the necklace around her neck. "I'll swim the ocean and back for you...and I will always love you, thank you for being the best mom in the whole entire world but you have to leave me mom, Its time for you to leave me behind. You went through tar- uh...hell and back to keep me safe...now give me a chance to return the favor. I'll never stop loving you. "

Mom had already passed out from crying so I lift her in my arms and gave her to Paul.

"Paul, I'm sorry for everything; your like the father I wished I had. Protect her for me please." I whispered.

"I will....perce."

"Thanks."

looking up to make my exit the passengers all had tears streaming down their faces with video cameras in hand.

Uhg! I'd have to leave sooner than I thought.

"Young man I could buy you a ticket if you want," an elderly woman whispered to me.

I politely declined her offer.
this is for the best; but thanks anyway

"Those eyes..." she whispered. "So sad yet kind..."

"Huh?"

"Those ocean eyes....."

PJO characters do not belong to me.

I felt a little bit of sadness as I wrote this chapter. What happened to the dude tho????

Rewritten: March 11, 2022