What a freaking Monster? (part 2)

Luke

He then began making strange gurgling sounds, which turned into horrible, painful screams as we took him to the infirmary.

Rushing to his side, we watched in utter horror as he convulsed on the bed making the frames rumble with his agony.

Our eyes were glued on him, tears pricking at my eyes when I thought of how long this had been going on.

His breathing was uneven, labored, and I could hear it, as I used it as reminder that this could of ended differently if I had acted sooner.

"Hey...it's okay, my prince. it'll be alright!" Elynea suddenly popped out of the dark corners of the room.

"Wha..." Percy managed out before collapsing unconscious.

She crouched next to me and picked up her young ward in her arms. "Get the other one to my lab, I believe he needs immediate help."

Without wasting any more time, I did as the hybrid said.

________________________________
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•Break°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
________________________________

As soon as I placed Devin on the table she had provided, and ran to my little brother's side. As the second eldest of the Prince's, I took it as my duty to look after the others and make sure they weren't doing something stupid.

As time passed, Elynea gave us permission to enter. Looking at my brothers, I silently pleaded to enter first as I felt somehow responsible for what had happened out there.

When I walked into the room,Percy's eyes were open and face gave no emotion. I felt a shiver down my spine.

He was not asleep.

Percy had always been good at hiding things but this didn't seem like the little kid I became accustomed to at all; in fact, I could tell something was different, though I couldn't quite put my finger on what.

Yet he seemed distant, almost... afraid?

I sat next to him, keeping one hand resting lightly on his head as he watched like he couldn't register what was happening.

I wasn't quite sure what exactly had happened after he'd carved out Devin's nose; I recalled he was acting strange, but I hadn't questioned it too much. I guess it made sense if he didn't want to talk about it.

We stayed silent as I waited for him to speak; I didn't want to startle him unto talking if he had just locked away today as a traumatic event.

He would have told me if he did, right?

A few minutes later, with a slight stir, his expression changed when he slowly came to the realization of where he was and who was beside him.

I watched with shock as his hands came up to rub furiously at his face, trying hard not to cry.

He was scared; of course he was scared; who wouldn't be if you'd just gotten lost struck by lightning?

However there was something about this whole scenario that was very off putting.

The way he was shaking, tears welling up in his eyes before sliding down his face and onto his clothes...it was so wrong; so unlike anything I'd ever seen.

Percy's eyes moved around the room, taking everything in before settling on me once again.

There was an unreadable expression written across his features, something akin to guilt.

It took me a minute to register the words that escaped his trembling lips.
"Is this real?"

"What do you mean?" The question caught me off guard. Percy would never asked silly questions like that; they were usually directed at someone else. And when he did, it would be sarcastic. He rarely asked such odd questions.

He gave a heavy sigh and looked away, refusing to meet my eyes. "This isn't real," he repeated. "This is all some cruel joke the gods and fates decided to play." His voice cracked as he spoke and tears spilled over again. "I'll murder that-

My eyebrows furrowed and concern rose within me. This couldn't be happening; nothing could be worse than what I'd just experienced myself. "I don't understand. Are you okay?" I asked, still unsure. Percy nodded quickly then shrugged it off as he continuing to ignore me.

"Do you think..." He trailed off, biting his lip. After taking another deep breath, he continued. "...do you think I'm dreaming Luke?"

His eyes met mine once more; there was no mistaking the pain in them. This wasn't supposed to happen. No one should ever feel like that.

I didn't know what to say or what to do, but my mind raced.

Couldn't he see that this was real?
Why was he reacting the way he was? Had he been hurt?
Did he need a therapist?

But then again, I had been hurting my brother ever since I heard that he was the successor of my- the throne.

If anyone deserved to go crazy, it should've been me...shouldn't it?

I swallowed thickly, hoping to keep whatever emotions were threatening to overwhelm me at bay. The last thing I needed was to upset Percy even further and get yelled at by Father. Instead, I opted for silence.

It lasted only a few seconds until I snapped. "Of course it's real you brat! You're here and alive!" I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him in for a hug while Castor and Charlie jumped in.

A/N
Hi guys
We are finally getting a Percy Jackson series....I repeat.... WE ARE GETTING A PJO SERIES

our new Percy is Lo-

💕Walker Scobell💕 and I am here for it♡

Blue hearts for you💙
Have a cookie too 🍪
(::)

HI Union133 💙
HI luna_silene 💙