Last Breath (pt1)

"Damn it! This is the second attack this week! I can't keep doing this!" I exclaimed, my anger finally bubbling over

I was climbing down the tallest tree in the camp, watching as one of the monsters karate choped a little kid.

There wasn't even a reason for them to do it, we didn't have anything they wanted, which made me angry.

The trees were tall enough that there were no branches on either side of me and no gaps between them. I climbed out onto the ground and started running up the hill.

It smelled like rain, but there was also an underlying feeling of electricity. The Camp was unusually quiet, which unnerved me more than I care to admit, we were all geared and gathered up for battle.

A sudden thud behind me caused me to jump, I turned quickly to see what had hit me only to find nothing. I slowly turned back around and began walking to the front lines with the best of us, while my eyes darting all around.

Suddenly, the ground underneath me exploded. I yelped and fell backward, hitting my head painfully against the hard floor. I heard Jason yell for us to attack as everything went black.

■□■□■□■□■□■

When my eyes fluttered open, I felt incredibly uncomfortable. It was hard to breathe through my nose, and something warm covered my face.

My heart pounded in my chest, trying to get as much oxygen into my lungs as possible, but then I realized what was going on. I sat up quickly with a groan.

Grabbing one of my fallen commerads sword, I let the rage take hold again, charging straight towards our enemies.
I heard Jason yell at me, but I couldn't hear anything past the blood rushing in my ears.

Stopping dead in my tracks, I watched as a telkhine grabbed a familiar electric spear from of my sister's before going back to stab a camper who'd been caught off guard by one of her attacks.

She turned around, making direct eye contact with me. Her dark hair hung loose and wild in the breeze, she smiled at me wickedly, like a predator ready to strike its prey. Then, without saying another word, she ran off.

"GET BACK HERE!" with a battle cry I ran after her screaming profanities as I do.

■□■□■□■□■□

I woke up to the sound of hissing and mewling. My arms and legs where bound with rope; I tried to move but only succeeded in making myself hurt in the process. Where am I?

Looking around, I realised that I was in an empty shed. A small whimper escaped my lips as the rope burned deeply into my body, but that didn't stop my ability to break free.

"Ah. Poor Ms. Ares, you've become weak! I've heard so much stories about the fearsome daughter of Ares, but you? You bring disappointment to the god of war's name." A deep voice spoke from behind me.

I felt myself fall to the ground as the rope tightened around my hands and feet.

"You dare hold me hostage! Show yourself you coward!" I spat out the words, with all the anger I had in me, which only seemed to make my captor laugh.

"I'm afraid I can't do that just yet," he said while stepping on my back. "Cause I can't seem to find some of your brethren in the underworld. Like Perseus for example?"

I frose at the mention of his name. "He's dead...he died a year ago." the words left my mouth before I could think twice.

"Are you sure? Did hades or whatever perhaps send him to rebirth?" He questioned.
I nodded my head slowly, knowing he would most likely hurt me if I told him otherwise.

"Thats unfortunate...then again it doesn't really matter." his foot went deeper into my side.

I cried out in pain, but quickly fell silent as he mumbled under his breath.

"-but you never knew anything because you were too busy chasing boys who never really liked you..." He paused before continuing. "Perhaps I should've got the blonde one...eh...Now let the Chaos begin."

My breathing began to quicken as my mind raced through all the possibilities he ment.

□■□■□■□■□■

"GET BACK HERE-" Wait-what!? I stopped dead in my tracks as I found myself back in battle.

Did I dream that I had being kidnapped?

"Hey! What's the matter with you!? Stop spacing out and help us attack the leader!" A familiar blonde bitc-girl shouted across the field.

Rolling my eyes, I took my stand beside some of the most powerful demi-gods on earth.

□■□■□■□■□■

I-its...HIM!?

"What do you want from us!" Annabeth yelled through gritted teeth.

The man laughed.

He pointed at me. Ignoring her. "Well isn't this just an absolute delight? Hi Clara," he said in an amused voice.

My body stood frozen for a moment, confused. Who...is Clara!?

"Clarisse who is this guy and what is he talking about!?" Jason asked worridly.

I shook my head, taking a deep breath before I answered.

"I havent met this assh*le. I had a dream about him....you do know that demi-gods have prophetic dreams sometimes...right?" I half-lied.

Jason and the others nodded with understanding while Annabeth gave me questioning glances.

It's better they not know about this yet. After all it's about......him.

The man laughed once again, this time it echoed throughout the whole battlefield. "I'm not here to fight?" He mused,

"Says the guy who brought an army of monsters to kill us! Was this supposed to be a surprise party or sumhm?" Leo retorted.

The man glared at him before turning to me and giving me another smile,
"I've come to fancy you Clara, Join us and I guarantee you'll see him again." He said with an airy tone,

"W-what? Even if I wanted to...I'll never betray my kind!" I growled, anger seeping into my voice.

"Come on Clara, your friends are dying anyway. Make your choice Clara, Come and join with us, Or watch them die." he finished ominously.

Everyone readied their weapons while shaking their heads, while the man encouraged me to follow him.

This isn't right...where are the gods when you need them! We are just children!

Watching the battle unfolding around me, I hesitated.

"Call them off...call of the monsters." I whispered under my breath.

At first I thought I was just hearing things but no; the creatures around me began retreating, leaving only the campers.

A smirk crossed the face of the Leader as he turned back towards me, a look of triumph on his features.

My friends stared at me in shock.

"Clarisee-"

[TO BE CONTINUED]
💙

Like👍 and leave a comment