Steve in ice

Bryan stared down at the table, at his hands gripping the table cloth like a lifeline. The murmurs between Foxy, Helpy, and Lefty were not lost on him as they theorized on what was wrong.

Steve's nervous attempts to avoid them, as well as Molten, had led to him locking himself in the freezer by accident and now Orville and El'Chip (who had been in the kitchen at the time) were trying to lock pick the door.

He wasn't sure where Molten had slithered off too but knowing them he probably wasn't far.

Bryan couldn't lie, being alive again was so strange. He could feel things again, like cloth! Or like the stinging of his eyes when he forgot to blink. Or maybe even the pain when he forgot how to breathe.

Except he didn't. It took awhile but eventually he noticed that he wasn't breathing. So adding that on to no heartbeat, there was only one conclusion. He wasn't actually alive again, just some... sick twisted Frankenstein or zombie, maybe just undead....

But either way it was strange concept. Less than a year and he'd died, possessed an animatronic, and then become a zombie. Honestly, it should be normal for him at this point.

"Hey Bryan" he looked up when Orvilles nasally voice came from the kitchen. "Steve is still stuck the freezer." There was a bang followed by a shriek and then "Nevermind El'Chip broke the door."

Bryan rolled his eyes affectionately and went to lay his head down again until he felt a very familiar sensation. Someone was watching him.

He turned around sure enough the other trio of animatronics ducked their heads away immediately. He was still wrapping his head around everything, he really didn't feel like dealing with this.

Just then Steve came stumbling out of the kitchen with a thin layer frost covering over himself. "Bryan!" He wailed "I almost died!" Bryan resisted to urge to laugh. "Alright alright!" He brushed frost from the animatronic's shoulders. "Next time don't get yourself locked in a freezer."

"Hey Bryan?" Foxy called him, and waved his hook in a 'come here gesture'. The trio of animatronics quickly surrounded him and Steve fled back to the elephant and hippo. "What is it?"

"What's up with you?" Helpy whisper-yelled at him accusingly. "Nothings up with me." He defended himself but he could tell they didn't believe it. Lefty lightly punched his shoulder. "Come on buddy, you can tell us." The bear leaned closer. "What, you planning to replace us with Steve?" Bryan could tell it was a joke but nearly gagged at the idea of replacing any of them.

Bryan glanced at his Gucci watch and felt relief. "Sorry guys, I've got to be heading home now!" He dashed into the kitchen without a second word.

"Does he live in the freezer too?" Lefty joked.

Orville and Mr. Hippo were apparently teaching Steve the art of bread making. Or trying at least.

The aforementioned animatronics were both covered in flour and what Bryan really hoped is tomato sauce, meanwhile Steve himself was watching in a mix of horror and fascination. "Oh hey Bryan!" Orville waved him over happily with a slice of banana bread.

"You guys know you'll have to clean this up right?" The mediocre members looked at each other and shrugged. Bryan sighed. "Steve." He called and the showtime followed him out the door.

Molten intercepted them at the door. "And where are you taking him?"

Steve winced. "I'm taking him back home, he's going to help me with some paperwork." Bryan had forgotten what it felt like for Molten to be his enemy, he'd gotten so used to being his friend.

Eugh, why did he have to be a bastard?

Bryan grabbed his counterparts hand and slipped past the bear animatronic, ignoring as their eyes followed the two of them out the door.

Once the door slid closed Steve sagged with relief. "That was so scary!" The business owner shook his head. "Once we get to my house we can start planning."

They walked down the street together.

A few moments later Baby came around the corner with a bag of popcorn. "Well that's not suspicious."