Epilogue

Bryan gasped and jumped up, looking around in a panic. He was surrounded by endless black on every side. Sitting at a table... with a chess board on it? All the pieces were at their starting places, with white being on his side. Bryan almost screamed when he looked up and saw an old man sitting across from him.

He was wrinkly but not enough to be pruned or saggy, and he still had a generous amount of hair, enough for it to be pulled back in a ponytail. It was gray with bright white streaks.

But the man had purely black eyes and deep dark bags as if he hadn't slept in years. The man extended a hand over the chess board. "Hey there, nice to meet ya." Bryan blinked dumbly and shook the mans hand warily.

He looked around again. "Where are we?" The man chuckled quietly and moved one of his pieces forward. "This is the afterlife. Kinda." Oh. Bryan looked down, he really was dead... so after everything it was all pointless. He moved one of his own pieces.

"So... what now?" His answer was not immediate, the man and him moved their pawns forward until the man spoke again. "Well really it's up to you. You can go into the normal afterlife or..." he trailed off and twirled one of his knights around "... there's a special place for people like you and me."

Bryan looked up in confusion. The mystery man stared off into the endless darkness. "So many died because of our mistakes. A special place was created. A kind of purgatory, if you will." He moved another piece. "Every soul, every animatronic, anyone and anything that suffered here has a spot in purgatory waiting for them. The animatronics are too sentient to just... die."

Bryan froze, brain slowly processing everything. "You're saying... everyone??" Rockstar Bonnie?? Puppet? Orville? He couldn't help but feel hope. "I can see them again?" He asked quietly.

The greying man laughed, that kind of laugh that shook their belly and sounded like a drum, "Course kid!" A door surrounded by bright light suddenly manifested behind him. The man leaned back in his chair. "All ya gotta do it go through that door there."

Bryan shot up, his chair falling and disappearing and he rushed forward towards the door, old man and their game forgotten.

He paused as his hand rested on the door knob, just waiting for him to open it and lead him into the afterlife. Bryan looked back at the old man who was looking at him with amusement.

"Uhm... I never got your name."

The old man smiled knowingly "Its Henry Emily."

Steve's visual sensors were slow to respond but eventually the darkness faded away and.... he was sitting on the wooden roller coaster in Foxy's Cove. Legs dangling over the edge and the foot deep pool below, he looked around in confusion.

Hadn't he just been doing something important? He couldn't remember what is was specifically, but they knew it had to do with Bryan.

Speaking of which, Steve pressed a hand to his chest in surprise, it felt as if Bryan was no longer there. There was a sense of contempt replacing the aura of agony and anger.

Footsteps brought them out of thought and they looked to the side. It was Molten, the one from their time, as could be seen by the others visible upgrades from Bryan.

The disembodied animatronic slithered next to him and they sat in silence for a moment.

"Steve?" Molten started, oddly quiet "Do you..?"

Somehow he knew what the other was asking and he reached into thin air and pulled a Portal Timer down to himself that hadn't been there before.

It glowed with a familiar warmth. "......" Molten was silent as they stared down at it. Steve pushed it towards them and Molten jumped. "Wh-" Steve put the Timer into the others wiry hands and closed them.

"Bryan would want you to have this. So you can protect everyone." Molten didn't say anything to that and just stared in what was probably shock.

Steve stood up and looked out over the theme park. "I'm going back to the mall." They looked down at their companion. "Lets protect our friends." He reached out his hand to help the other up.

An offer of friendship.