Prelude

WARNING: to each & every on who will read this...

You will suffer a terrible headache because of my English!

that's one of my many skills POOR GRAMMAR! i suggest you take an advil or any pain reliever before you read this. Pain is absolutely will be there as you keep on reading. trust me on this one terrible headache is expected.

thank you for your patience,

A.H. Augustus.

"You are going to marry me!" Ace Merrill is imperious, his eyes squint as he speaks and his baritone voice is authoritative. He's grabbing Alex's upper left arm and there's warning on his look.

Alex is petrified but didn't hesitate to answer back.

"There is no way I am going to marry you!" She said, there is more warning in her voice, she tried to ignore her fear from Ace and squirm out of his grasp.

But Ace is determined; he grabbed her shoulders and pushes her on the wall. He cupped his left hand on her face while his other hand stay his grip on her shoulder then he command Alex. "Look at me!"

But Alex didn't obey Ace, she look down and push him back.

"I said look at me Alex!" Again there's authority on his voice.

Alex look at Ace, her eyes are misty, she's afraid of Ace and she knows that Ace can see it in her eyes.

Ace softened a little, but just for a moment, he managed to put the domineering act again and threaten Alex.

"I get everything I want Alex and I want you, and you can't say no to me because I won't let the thing I want the most slipped through my fingers. You are going to marry me, NOW!"

Alex sobs after Ace let go of her, Ace took a deep breath while he brushes his hand on his nape. He looks at Alex, she's crying and he can't help his yearning emotion towards her but Ace ignores the feeling.

He reaches for the door and called his people. Chloe, Tony, Chase and Michelle works for him. When they're inside the room he gave orders to them.

"I want you to prepare her for the wedding; you have two hours to convince her." Again there is authority on his voice then he left the room.

His people look at each other after Ace is gone, there is hesitation on their part on who is going to make the move first, they need to do something or else they will answer to their boss Ace Merrill. Alex is on the floor, she's holding herself while sobbing and her body is trembling.

"Hey, why don't you seat on the bed please." Michelle approach Alex and help her to stand, she guided Alex on the bed.

Chloe compose her, while Tony hand Alex his handkerchief, Alex wiped her tears and looked at the people in the room.

"Who are you people?" She asks.

"I'm Tony; I am the head of the security." Tony is 5'10, he is soft spoken, but you can sense he is authoritative. When his brown eyes gazed at you, you will find yourself respect and follow his order.

"I'm Chase, second in command." Chase looks is intimidating, when you look into his blue eyes it says 'stay put or else something bad will happen'.

"I'm Chloe, and I don't know what kind of job I have but I do anything Mr. Merrill asks me to do." Chloe is the weird kind of type, there is sarcasm in her tone but she seems sweet and kind though.

"I'm Michelle and you know me already, I guess?" Michelle smiled at her, Alex knew and met Michelle already she's Mr. Ace Merrill's assistant.

"So, you are all here to force me to dress for the occasion, huh!" There's sarcasm at Alex's voice.

Michelle sit down beside Alex and hold her hand.

"I know how you feel Alex but we are just following orders." Michelle said in a warm voice.

"Please don't tell me you know how I feel because you don't!" Alex said with anger in her voice.

"Listen, everybody here doesn't agree with what is going on right now, but we don't have any choice, we are paid to do our job and we intend to do what our boss's asks us to do." Tony explained the circumstances but for Alex Tony sounds like he is threatening her.

"Meaning, I have no other choice but to do what you guys ask him to do?" Again, there is sarcasm on Alex's tone.

"Meaning, you have to do what you are here to do." Chloe said. "You are going to get dressed, get ready for the wedding and you have no other choice here Alex."

"Yeah, right, I am an employee of Mr. Merrill but my job is to deal with customers at the bank, not to marry our boss. I didn't sign up for this." Alex said.

"Well, you are going to sign two hours from now, whether you like it or not you are going to be Mrs. Ace Merrill." Chase said and he sounded like he is losing his temper.

"Chase, please." Tony motions his hand like he is telling Chase to calm down. "Let me handle her, okay?"

"Let me handle her? Seriously?" Alex is disgusted.

"Alex, if you don't do what Mr. Ace wants we are all going to suffer. Well not you really, but the four of us, if we can't prepare you till the time of the ceremony." Chloe looks at her watch then continue, "And that would be an hour and forty five minutes from now. We are all dead." There is warning in her voice.

"You're kidding, right?" Alex said after she scoffs.

"She's not!" Chase said.

"Mr. Merrill can't hurt anyone." Alex is trying to convince herself more than she wanted to convince these people.

"Look! Tony, Chase and Chloe do the dirty job for Mr. Ace." Michelle tried to explain the situation to Alex. "If they can't do what Mr. Ace asked them to do properly there would be punishment."

"And the punishment is death." Tony said.

"You're kidding, Right?" Alex again asks, but this time there's hesitation at her voice.

"We are not kidding, so you better make yourself ready because once Mr. Ace entered that door and you're not ready, things will become unpleasant." Chase said.

"I've heard you're a nice person Alex, you really don't want four dead people in your conscience, so please can we start now." Chloe said. "We only have an hour and forty two minutes."

"I just hope she can shower quickly." Chase said with anxious look on his face while he looks at his watch.

"Shower, what shower? Alex seems confused.

"You need to take a quick shower before you get dressed." Michelle said.

Alex is really confused, these people are weird but before she can asks another question Chloe grab her arms and motions her in the bathroom.

"Can you just do what we asked you to do?" Chloe said.

"Here" Michelle hand her the bathrobe."Just make it quick, alright." Michelle smiled at her.

Though confused, Alex moves towards the bathroom, before she can closed the door she heard Chase said."Make it fast!"

Alex took her shower, her mind is wondering around, she's moving fast and she can't understand why. The thought of four dead people in her conscience keeps on pondering on her mind.