Chapter 7 (Second meeting)

While he's in the elevator to the penthouse Ace kept on thinking what Michelle told about Alex."you will like the new Alex." that's Michelle's exact word when she report the progress of Alex training. He told Michelle he wanted to see Alex.

"Arranged a dinner for us, but I don't want her to be seen in public. It would ruin the Corporation's advertisement if they saw her."

Ace have the no.1 title of most sought after bachelor of people magazine and since he's in a circle of rich people Ace been living a life of a celebrity. Every achievement date or even going to a bar to meet his friends has been highly publicized.

And if the paparazzi saw Alex and photographed her with him in a dinner on a restaurant, regardless if it's business or romantic and allowing the press to see Alex before their Corporate campaign it could ruin the advertisement. Michelle made an arrangement at the hotel so that Mr. Ace and Alex can have their dinner inside the penthouse. Michelle also arrange transportation for Alex to get home after her dinner with the only heir of Affluence Corporation.

'I wonder what she would look like.' Ace thought as he walks towards the penthouse door.

Ace didn't bother to knock and use his own key, he rented the place regularly. This is where he take all his dates, all his one night stand dates. And in this hotel paparazzi's are not allowed not even in the garage. Ace Merrill can keep and have his privacy in this hotel... private.

When Ace opened the door he first saw Alex and he really is wonder-stricken. Ace walks towards Alex...Slowly...

Mr. Fletcher and Michelle greet him but Ace didn't seem to hear them, his focused is on Alex.

'She's beautiful...No!...Mesmerizing,' Ace thought, but he suddenly disposed all of his thoughts, what's in front of him, what he is looking right now is beyond beautiful, for Ace, no perfect word can describe the beauty of Alex, even the Goddess would be envious of her, she's a dream, indescribable, and so does his feelings.

"Good evening Mr. Ace"

That voice, suddenly Alex voice sounds like something, coming from somewhere, a voice that will calm you, voice that will make you feel you want to have this woman and spend the rest of your life with her. Ace ignore the idea, he clears his throat while he shook his head gently.

"Good job Andrew." Ace turn his eyes to Mr. Fletcher.

"I'm pleased Mr. Ace." Andrew Fletcher vow a bit to acknowledge Ace compliment.

'Good job' Alex thought, what is she? Some kind of a masterpiece like painting or sculpture, 'good job, this bastard!' she's a human being not a thing.

Mr. Fletcher seems to read what's on Alex mind, he called her name smiled at her and said:

"C.P.M.E.E."

"CPMEE" Ace plastered a wondering face, "what does it mean?"

"Your dinner is waiting Mr. Ace, Andrew and I will go now."

"Thanks Michelle...and Andrew" Ace reach his hand to Mr. Fletcher.

Ace guide Alex over dinner table, the waiter served them champagne after they sat.

"To our future" Ace raised his champagne glass to Alex.

'What future?' Alex asks only to herself, she gave Ace a very timid smile and raised her glass but didn't bother to clink it with Ace glass. 'Champagne is for celebration and there is nothing to celebrate' Alex thought.

The dinner went well though Ace was just the one who do the talking, mostly business, Alex didn't talk much, there's only two words came from her mouth, first a "YES" when Ace asked her if she's ready for her new job, and "Good night" when the driver came up to pick her up and send her home.

***

It's been six months of photo shoots for billboards, magazines and paper, interviews for such different business magazine, broad sheets, entertainment magazine, even tabloids, and other papers are interested to have an interview for some gossips, Alex refuse to talk besides business. and Alex can handle that, the pressure of camera on her face, the repeated questions, but one thing she can't handle, ACE MERRILL'S PRESENCE!

Part of the contract is to accompany Ace over his meeting with big client, when she's with Ace and his big-time clientele, Alex put the sweet and kind facade but she can't stand Ace Merrill's arrogance, he's very dominant when he's talking to people, even with big time clients, he's very open to his thoughts, regardless whether he sounds offensive or not.

For Alex, Ace is the perfect definition of 'ARROGANT', 'CONCEITED', 'HIGH AND MIGHTY CHAUVINIST PIG'. And she hates him!

But the torture is getting worst for her, Ace told her she needs to accompany him on parties or gatherings, business or pleasure, Ace said she need to established and familiar herself with the crowd.

Because of that, rumor has that she and Ace are into some kind of a special relationship, and Alex didn't like that idea, but Ace didn't seem bothered, sometimes they both invited to do an interview, when Ace is asked about the rumored relationship he would just simply say:

"She's beautiful"

But Alex always denies the issue, and made it clear that her relationship with Mr. Ace is 'strictly business' There is nothing more, and nothing less.

Because of the rumor Alex kept more distant with Ace.

Well, WRONG MOVE!

Ace is pretty annoyed with Alex behavior, she's all sweet and nice to everyone but him. When they're in front of people Alex seems okay, she smiled at him, talk to him, it looks like they share the same thoughts, compatible with their opinions and understands each other pretty well.

Buy when they're not in front of the camera, especially when there is no one around, for Alex, Ace Merrill doesn't exist. She's so cold with Ace and Ace can't take it anymore.