chapter 3 (how they met part 2)

"You bet you are." Tracy said with a fair warning on her voice.

Alex is so nervous as she enter Mr. Ace Merrill office. How stupid of her to act like that in front of an heir, honestly, she has no idea. She knows Ace Merrill and saw him attends some occasions of their bank but she didn't know Ace Merrill personally.

Well, who does? No employees know this man personally. None of them knows him but she didn't really know Ace Merrill as in she have no idea how this Ace Merrill looks like? She saw him three times. 

First, when she was just a newbie at Affluence #1, that's what they called their branch. Second was at the Christmas party and Ace just dropped by to give a very short speech and she managed to get a glimpse of the heir of Affluence Corporation but only for a brief moment, she left before Ace can give his short speech because she needs to use the bathroom and then the third time she saw Ace Merrill is today.

She has no idea what does this Ace Merrill looks like because she can't remember his face. Everybody said he's handsome, "limited edition" that's what her roommate Tracy said. He is handsome yes, but not the kind of handsome that would give Alex a gasp, or the kind of look that Alex would make tremble or lost her composure, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Alex think it's true, Ace is not really the definition of handsome for her.

She doesn't like beard and mustache, Ace doesn't have one but he had some hair on his face. It's like he forgot to shave today, the brown hair that is not too long but obviously not you can call short is not the kind of hair she wanted in a man, his eyes are beautiful Alex can give that to Ace, but there's something in those eyes, coldness... anger... mistrust! those eyes give her creeps rather than physical sensation.

Ace is wearing a black suit with lilac polo inside and lavender tie but with the dirty look hair and the newly grown hair on his face with eyebrows that is so thick. Ace Merrill is more like a lead vocalist in a band than an heir of Affluence Corporation. Ace occupies the couch instead of the chair of the CEO's table. Alex occupied the other seat in front of Ace, he didn't look at her his attention is on the folder on his lap. Ace lift some of the pages up then turn his eyes at her and said.

"Graduated top of your class... made half a million deposit while you were on your on-the-job-training. You've got a nice recommendation here. Alert and friendly with countless costumers at any given time, trustworthy and help customer to the best of your ability... that is according to your previous employer. This is pretty impressive resume Alex." 

'Alex' why did Mr. Merrill call her in her first name, their office is not into first name basis. She looks at Ace with a question all over her face 'what's with you Sir, calling me Alex and not Miss Santos? ' But of course Alex can't utter that words and question the heir, instead... she avoid Ace's eyes and it's not because she's intimidated by him but because she was ashamed of her show-off attitude a while back.

Ace continues. "The manager of this bank have high regards on you, eight digits deposit is a great deal and my father heard the news and he wants me to meet you personally to give you some credit for your wonderful performance. Ace stop for a moment and wait for Alex to say something or at least make some comment but Alex kept her silence. "I was told you have a talent in persuasion, you possess sweetness and kindness and you persuade people with that charm."

Ace squint his eyes a little, analyzing the charm in front of him. This woman is beautiful, no doubt about that. She can't hide her perfect figure on the uniform she's wearing. The blouse has a low cut that shows half of her cleavage.

'Size 36-B' Ace thought of her bust size.

Alex hair is long with perfect volume and it looks smooth and silky like her skin, her eyebrows are thick but neatly arranged and paired with blue eyes with eye lashes that is long and curly. Ace can see her eyelashes because Alex is not looking at him, her eyes are set on the table between them. Because of that Ace continue to observe and study the contour of beauty in front of him. Her lips seems so soft and sweet... Suddenly, Ace thought of how would it feel like kissing those lips and erase those lipstick, 'pink shades doesn't fit her' he thought 'it would be better if she wears red lipstick, it will give a more sophisticated look on her.'.

Ace clears his throat with his thoughts, what is going on with him? this is the first time he appreciate beauty. Well, Ace does know what a beautiful woman looks like because he was and still is surrounded by them. More beautiful than this woman perhaps but this is the first time  Ace felt something different, something new, wondering what would it be like to kiss this girl and the shade of the lipstick, never did he thought of what kind of shade would fit into a woman. 'Calm down Ace'!" he remind himself.

Alex on the other hand turn her head up, their eyes met and she saw that dominant look again. those blue eyes...and that wet lips...Tracy said guys with wet lips are a good kisser, she doubt that. 'Argh, that's disgusting!' Alex thought.

"I was thinking that act you pulled a while ago, that's not the famous Alex Santos I have heard."

"I'm so sorry Mr. Merrill, I didn't know..."

"Didn't know what? That I am the heir of Affluent Corporation? I wonder what you would do if you knew that?" there is a restrained smile on his face.

Alex find it insulting; she felt annoyed that she said 'this arrogant jerk' to herself. 'If you think I would swoon on you just like the other because you're the heir you are very wrong Mister high and mighty' Alex wants to utter the words but that would be disrespectful, instead she said:

"I do apologize for my mistake Mr. Merrill; I would gladly like to take the punishment for insulting you if there is any?"

'What punishment?' Ace asks himself and wonder and then an idea came across his mind. "Well, apology accepted, but there is punishment Alex."

"Sir" Alex plastered a wondering look on her face; she didn't know that there would really be a punishment.

Ace stands up and walks towards the desk, he touch the intercom button and ask for Michelle to come in.

"Please escort Miss Santos."

Michelle motions her hand on the door, Alex followed the assistant and she wanted to ask what kind of punishment would Mr. Merrill give but she can't find her courage to question the will of the heir of Affluent Corporation.

When she came back to her post, Mr. Chan is already waiting for her. Alex compose and gather herself together. She instantly put that sweet smile on her face, the sweet and kind Alex façade she puts every time she meet a client or a customer.

Mr. Chan agreed to make a deposit on their bank; the manager is so pleased when Alex told him to assist her and Mr. Chan with the signing of papers. They all shook hands after their transaction as a sign of good faith.

That was the moment Ace saw as he left the CEO office. Ace walk straight towards them and introduced himself to Mr. Chan.

Mr. Chan shed Ace how wonderful Alex is and how lucky for them to have employed someone like Alex.

"Yeah, I'm lucky I guess." Ace said meaningfully and he gave Alex a gazed.

Mr. Chan said he needs to leave and told Ace to take good care of his employees especially Alex.

"I will" Ace said, he asks the manager to assists Mr. Chan to the door but Mr. Chan said.

"I would really appreciate if Alex here would take me to the door." Mr. Chan said politely.

"How about I take you personally, I'm going to leave anyway." Ace said.

"That would be much better." Mr. Chan laughs softly.

Ace gave some instructions to Michelle before he left the premises.

Alex and her manager were told by Michelle to follow her in the office. They need to discuss about Alex's punishment for ignoring Mr. Ace.

The manager show anxious look on his face.

But before he can say any word, Michelle walks towards the office.

Alex and her manager followed.

***