Chapter 8 (Angry Ace)

Paris, France, Affluence opens a new branch and as expected they need to do some promotions.

They arrived last night, Alex, Ace and his assistant Michelle.

The company reserve a suite with three bedrooms for them. After Paris they need to meet their investors in Hong Kong and Manila.

Michelle is giving them their itineraries for Paris while they're having breakfast. 

"Michelle could you give us a minute." Ace is not interest with their schedules his focus is with Alex.

Michelle followed her boss and left them while Alex felt nervous 'what did I do this time' she asks herself.

Ace sips his coffee then he looks at Alex firmly and said:

"I like you Alex."

Alex felt a struck of lightning inside her, but she ignored Ace and continue her breakfast. Ace starts to lose his temper 'how could this woman can ignore me' Ace is really pissed.

"Didn't you hear what I said? I just said I like you and you just... is that pancake so good that you don't hear what I am saying?" 

'There he goes again, the annoyed tone on his voice' Alex thought, she sips at her cup of coffee and leave the table afterwards. Ace pursued her and grabbed her arm.

"Don't turn your back at me lady, I'm not done talking to you!" Ace is furious.

"Great, now I offended you again, am I going to be relieved from my post?" there is sarcasm at Alex's tone. "Wait! I have a feeling I will be fired, that's good, because I don't care anymore! I don't care about your recommendation. I will just do an interview that I am jobless and in an instant  all the banks in America would rival to have my service, I'm the face of Affluence, remember? "

"You really don't want to threaten me Alex!"

"I am not threatening you Mr. Ace Merrill! My job is to do business with your client, not to entertain you!"

Alex tried to remove Ace hand that grabs her arm but Ace didn't let her go instead he pulled her closer and said.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of...and you really don't wanna try me woman!"

Then he let go of her and leave her alone, Alex felt terrified, she doesn't like the tone of Ace when he said 'you don't know what I'm capable of' Alex decides to quit her job after their Asian trip.

She didn't know how, but she has three weeks to plan for her escape. Regardless, whether she can find another job or not, she will take any job, anything but Ace puppet.

***

From the airport, their limousine went straight to a pier; Alex was confused when Michelle told her to get out of the car. This is not her place, Michelle told her when they're in Manila that their trips to three countries is exhausting and she deserves a rest and she can have two days off, her plan is to used that day off to run away from Affluence or to run away from Ace Merrill exactly! But what are they doing in a pier?

"Is there a change of plan?" Alex whispered to Michelle while they walk towards the dock, Ace is walking before them.

"Mr. Ace wants you to meet another client."

"I thought...you said after Manila I can go home and i have a couple of days off."

"Just bear with us, this will be your last work Alex"

"What do you mean?"

Michelle never had the chance to answer her because they reached the sea plane already.

It's not really a long flight, but for Alex that was her longest flight, she's sitting next to Ace, few more minutes later the pilot announced their landing.

Alex looks at the window and saw an island. When the plane docks, Alex can't help but gasp and admire the place, it was so beautiful, the beach, the trees, the house that is elegantly structured in the middle of the island, there were lounge chairs with umbrella on the beach, plants in front of the house.

"This is paradise, who owned this place?" Alex asks.

"I do" Ace said, he didn't turn his eyes at her when he answered and he continue to walk towards the house.

"What is going on Michelle?"

"I will tell you after we're inside the house."