Chapter 20 (The Nearness Of You)

Things are now different, Alex found herself always wanting to be near with Ace and she misses him when he's not around and when he does she doesn't want him to go.

"When will you be coming back?" Alex asks Ace when he sends her to the sea plane waiting for him at the dock.

"Please don't do that babe; you're making it hard for me to leave you."

"I'm sorry; just take care of yourself alright."

"I will, now give me a smile will you?"

Alex smiled tenderly.

"How about I give you a kiss and hug?"

Ace laughs.

"A kiss and a hug, I like that."

And they kiss and embraced.

"I'm going to miss you." Ace whispered, his voice cracked a little.

"Then don't go away for too long."

"I have a better idea... why don't you come with me and live with me in the city."

"What if I escaped?" Alex gave Ace a naughty smile.

"You can't because I won't let you."

"I'll just wait for you, Tony and Chloe just arrived and I don't want to waste their effort on coming here."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah, just call me when you can."

Then Ace left.

A couple of days later, Alex woke up with the smell of coffee, pancakes and bacon. When she opened her eyes she saw Ace sitting on the bed smiling at her.

"Good morning beautiful."

"What are you doing here?"

"I have a surprise for you, but you better eat first because I made these."

Alex finished all the food on the tray. From time to time she put a bite on Ace mouth and in between meals they laugh at each other both of them are in a merry mood.

"Now what's the surprise?"

Alex is excited.

"Pack your things because we are going back to the city."

"You're kidding right?"

"No, I'm not! c'mon get yourself ready because our plane is waiting for us."

They took the private plane. When they landed a car is waiting for them.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see, be patient lady."

Ace planted a kiss on her head.

Alex waited patiently, the road they're taking is not familiar with her yet she's excited. Coming back in the city is great! she can be with Ace. She doesn't have to wait at the island anymore for days to see him.

When they reached the house, Ace asked her to cover her eyes with a handkerchief. It's almost dinner, the house is lighted and there's some visitor inside the house.

"Are we going to have a party?" Alex asks.

"I told you it's a surprised and be patient."

Friends are waiting inside; both of their parents are waiting for them. Each and everyone hugged them and welcomes them.

"What is this?" Alex asks Ace.

"This will be our new home, I just bought it and we will have our house blessing tonight that's why there's people."

"You've been gone for just a couple of days, how did you manage to pull this off?"

"I have my resources." Ace winked at her. Alex smiled.

"So, Alex" Harrison interrupts them "When are you going to give us a grandson?"

"Oh, please honey" Lucinda stops her husband "you don't want to embarrassed your daughter in law, you should talk to your son instead... he kept on working and left Alex at his private island."

"Mom, dad, please! Alex and I just got married don't you think it's too early to talk about kids and besides I want to enjoy her attention more... kids can wait."

"Are you going back to work Alex?" Alex's mother asks.

"Ace and I haven't talk about that yet mother" Alex answered, now that she's back in the city there are so many things to consider, things that doesn't matter before.

"Well, you can continue being the face of Affluence." Her father said.

"That is a great idea pop, that way we can be together." Ace said.

'Pop' Alex wonders, is her husband really that close to her parents?

"Great" Ace father said "You will work together to build and maintain the name of Affluence and you can also work together on having our grandson at the same time."

Both of their parents agree with Harrison's idea.

"Ace and I need to talk first; I don't think I wanted to work as the face of Affluence anymore."

"What do you mean?" Ace asks.

"I can accompany you with meeting your clients but I don't want to pose for cameras anymore. You know I'm not comfortable with that."

"Alright, as you wish." Ace wrapped her arms around her and planted a kiss on her head.

When Alex saw Michelle entering the kitchen she excused herself from Ace and their parents, Michelle is busy leading the catering.

"How do you like your new home?" Michelle asks her.

"It's great, can we talk somewhere private?"

"Sure" Michelle guides her on the dining room.

"Is there something wrong?" Michelle asks her.

"Nothing...it's just that I'm pregnant."