Chapter 18 (The Wonder of Ace 2)

Alex is really surprised with Ace, how in hell did Ace become like this? What's with her happiness is more important than him? Why would Ace care? Lots of questions are pondering in her mind while she looks at Ace. Her mind is not really interested with what's for dessert.

For the first time, Alex felt something for Ace. She can't identify it yet but she's not afraid of him anymore and the thought that Ace wants him to make her happy it suddenly brings warmth to her heart. Then suddenly the music change, the song 'Everything I own' is now playing on saxophone.

"That song...it's nice." Alex smiled uncomfortably.

Ace stands up then reached his hand at her and said:

"Care to dance?"

Alex comply, Ace turn her around first then grabbed her on her waist, their body becomes closer, closer and closer until Alex felt the heat from Ace's body. They're so close that she can hear his heartbeat, so close that she can smell his scent and feel his breathe. Alex begin to lose her composure because she like the warmth of his body on her and the touch of his hand caressing her back.

Alex push Ace a bit, she was going to say "can we finish our dinner?" but she didn't manage to say it, Ace is gazing at her and there's such passion in his eyes.

"God, you're beautiful." Ace whispered.

'Is this the part where he's going to kiss me?'  Alex asks herself, she closed her eyes and waited for Ace to kiss her.

"I have something to give you." Ace said.

Alex open her eyes with disappointment, Ace let go of her and took the box under the table and gave it to her.

"What is this?"

"Open it"

Ace is smiling at her, Alex open the box; it's a sleeping lingerie, it's red and sexy.

"You got to be kidding me?" Alex plastered a serious look on her face.

"Hold that thought, babe!"

'Babe, did he just called me babe, awww, that's sweet,' Alex said to herself again.

"I want you to...No! I need you to wear that when you're ready."

"Ready for what?"

"Give yourself to me...submissively."

'Oh...my...god' Alex said to herself again while her eyes stayed at Ace's face.

"Don't give me that look." Ace said.

"What look?"

"The kind of look that you have something in your mind but you chose not to say it because it might be offensive."

"You saw that look?" Alex is really surprised.

"It's pretty obvious." Ace shrugged his shoulders with a tender smile on her lips.

Then down the memory lane, Alex becomes nostalgic and when she was just a teen age girl, she and her friends went to a carnival and Tracy her best friend asks her to try the gypsy lady who tell the future. Alex never believed in those and when they talked to the woman she told to her "you have that certain look in your eyes Alex" and that is funny because she never told the lady her name. "The kind of look that you've got something in your mind but you won't say it because you're afraid you will offend people or someone and no one can see that look of yours. But there would be someone who would and that someone would be the one. He will be the person you are going to spend the rest of life with." Bull! that's what Alex told to her friend Tracy and she forgot that already until now.

"Dessert" Alex ignored her thoughts.

"You said that twice." Ace winked at her and they finished their dinner,

That evening Ace sleeps on the couch, Alex wonder if she would use the lingerie tonight? she's almost convince but she changed her mind in an instant and went to sleep.

The next day Ace left and she's now again with Tony, Chase and Chloe. they're playing scrabble while she read one of Robert Ludlum's novel.

The radio is turned on and then the song 'Everything I own' played. Alex can't help but remember Ace, the serenade on the beach... the romantic dinner and of course the red lingerie. Alex can't help but smile.

Chloe noticed her and said "You're smiling?" 

"I am not"

"Yes you are, I saw that too." Chase teases Alex.

"I'm reading...duh!" Alex tried to ignore Chloe and Chase teased.

"You're reading The Holcroft Covenant, it's an espionage novel" Tony said "I've read that one and i read those Ludlum's novels also and there is nothing worth smiling on Robert Ludlum's novels."

"Yeah...but Ludlum is witty...I mean that's worth smiling right?" Alex tried to convince them.

"It's the song right?" Tony asks.

Alex didn't answer she went back to reading and pretends she's busy with the book.

"Admit it, you are falling for him." Chloe continued to tease her. "Duhhh!!! Admit it Alex."

Alex just smiled.

***

That weekend Ace when came home Alex can't sleep; it's been two weeks since Ace gave her the submissive dress. Alex looked and observe Ace who is sleeping on the couch, his eyes are closed and he's breathing peacefully. 

'God he's good looking even when he's asleep.' Alex said to herself. 'Why can't he just grabbed me and force me to sleep with him.' She is annoyed, before it was torture when Ace forced her but this is far more worst than torture. She wanting Ace, it would be easier if Ace would make the first move but he didn't. Ace wants her to do the first move and it's not easy for her.

Alex thought of the dress, 'no way' Alex scolds herself but the thought of what she would look like with that dress came to her mind. She haven't tried it yet so she have no idea, because of that thought she instantly rose from her bed. 'I will just try it' she convince her own self 'he's sleeping and he won't see me. Alex looked at Ace again to check if he's really sleeping, when she's convinced Ace is already in his deep sleep she slowly walk towards the walk in cabinet to try that red lingerie.