Chapter 4 (The Punishment)

"Mr. Ace wants Alex to be release from her post." Michelle said.

"What do you mean Miss Michelle, you want me to fire Alex?" the manager didn't expect Alex will be fired because of her actions and he want to scold Alex but this is not the opportune moment. "With all due respect Miss Michelle, It would be a great loss of this branch if we fire Miss Santos."

"I beg to disagree; she could bring more clients if we relieve her from her post." Michelle smiled at Mr. Gerard.

"I don't understand?" Alex is worried and confused.

"Well, you're not fired instead you will be promoted. You are going to be the face of Affluent Corporation." Michelle didn't remove her tender smile as she explain why Alex needs to be relieve from her post.

"I don't understand?" the manager is also confused.

"Alex will be the model of our bank, she will have television appearances and we will have a photo shoot for her, like I said she's going to be the face of Affluent Corporation."

"You mean...model as in model?" manager ask again with an even more confuse look flashed all over his face.

"Yes" Michelle look at Alex "You will do commercials, appeared on television for interviews, we will make billboards with your face on it."

"I don't think that is a punishment." Mr. Gerard said as he sigh with relief.

'Yes that was punishment' Alex told herself, 'What the heck was that?' she being the model of the Corporation, what does she know about modelling and doing interviews and posing for billboards? Before Alex can utter her refusal with the idea Michelle continue to speak.

"You will also be working side by side with Mr. Ace and you will accompany him on his meetings with our first class clients, when Mr. Ace needs to travel you are also going with him..."

"Hold on one second!" Alex stop Michelle "I'm going to be working side by side with Mr. Merrill?"

"You will be the face of this Corporation it would be a great advertisement if you accompany Mr. Ace when he transacts with our big clients here and abroad."

"Why me?" Alex asked.

"Why not you?" Michelle answered.

"I don't think I can do what you are asking Miss Michelle, I am not familiar with modeling and TV interviews and billboards." finally Alex had the courage to express her feelings, she loathes the idea to be the model of Affluence Corporation.

"Don't worry Miss Santos you will be trained, Mr. Ace wants you to be ready for your new job and to be honest... I don't think you have much of a choice here Miss Santos. You need to do this or you will lose your job and Mr. Ace said he won't give you a good recommendation once you're fired."

'Okay, is that a threat?'Well, it is!' but Miss Michelle is right... she has no other choice and she needs this job. She would just go with it for a while because she's pretty sure that once the photo shoot starts or the shooting or taping or whatever it is called, she will be fired! she won't be efficient as a model and she will be returned to her post immediately.

Though she feels really uncomfortable with her new assigned task Alex had no choice but to go with the plan or 'punishment' as she called it. If she quit her job or worst get fired. A no recommendation won't do good for her. When she told her roommate and best friend Tracy about her being the face of Affluent Corporation Tracy was so excited.

"You are really lucky" That's what her best friend reaction.

Alex scoffs and in her mind she said 'what is so lucky doing something you don't like, doing things because you have no other choice'.

She can resign, but how can she find another job without a recommendation from her previous employer? Plus knowing how powerful Ace Merrill is there is no way she will have another decent job if she won't abide with the contract.

Yes! Contract!

Michelle told her to sign the contract Mr. Ace provided for her after he left their office. When the manager asked if the board are already decided with Alex being the face of Affluent before they come over because they have the contract that is all ready to sign, Michelle said:

"Mr. Ace just made this contract today and I don't think there would be objections with the board."

It's a done deal; the next day Alex received a call from Michelle, she needs to meet her in a coffee shop near her apartment. Alex was told she was relieved from her duty as a teller effective yesterday and needs to report to Michelle.

The reporting is today at first she thought Michelle would teach her the basics. Michelle is a beautiful woman with elegance and she can be the face of Affluence Corp.

But unfortunately Michelle doesn't please Mr. Ace as she did! Now here she is, she need to learn how to do her 'punishment' properly. Michelle is already in a coffee shop near her apartment and she's with someone, Michelle introduce her to Andrew Fletcher.

"She will be your new student." Michelle said to Andrew.

Alex said 'hi' and offered her hand for a handshake but she's surprised because instead of a handshake Mr. Fletcher took her hand and plant a kiss on her knuckles.

"It would be my pleasure to teach a fine and beautiful woman like you."

Alex laughs softly.

"Nobody does that kind of gesture anymore." Alex is referring to the kiss on her knuckles.

Mr. Fletcher put his hand on his stomach and bows a little to Alex. Michelle motions them to the table then ordered some coffee for them.

"Andrew, when do you want to start with Miss Alex's training?"

"We can start today Michelle, if that's okay with Miss Alex?"

"I have no job, so... I guess that's okay?" Alex laughs "I'm free for today and the next day and the next."

"You don't seem to like the idea mademoiselle?"

"I think I know that, Mademoiselle is a French word for miss." Alex feels uncomfortable with Mr. Fletcher being dignified.

"Yes, it is a title French people use as a form of address to an unmarried woman. I'm going to ask you again, Are you not comfortable with the training mademoiselle?"

"Yes Mr. Fletcher actually I am." There is sarcasm on her tone.

"She does really need a grooming Michelle."

"Yeah" Michelle smiled at Mr. Fletcher.   

"Yes" Mr. Fletcher corrects Michelle.

"Yes, sorry" Michelle said.

***