Chapter 29 (Picking Up The Pieces)

Year Later...

Alex opens a restaurant. After she and Ace left the island Ace insists her right to their old home and her alimony.

"Take it, for old times' sake." Ace said.

She took the house and invests some of her alimony to open the restaurant. At first Alex want to refuse the offer, but she's being nostalgic, their old home reminds her of Ace, and she needs the money to start a new life.

If Ace wants a new life, then she needs to have a new life also. Working with other banks especially Affluent rival is not a good idea, if she will work she choose Affluent, but Ace doesn't like the idea.

So, here she is, starting her new life and she's happy. She guessed.

Michelle, Tony, Chloe and Chase become a regular on her establishment. They remained friends and keep in touch, as for Tracy she quit her job and help Alex in her business.

And Ace...he took over the Affluent Corporation, the good old Merrill retired, and according to the news Ace Merrill is dating Trisha Vender, the famous actress who also endorse his company.

"They deserve each other, I guess." Alex is talking to her friends Chloe, Chase, Tony, Michelle and Tracy while they're watching Ace and Trisha on the television. Ace escort his girlfriend to the award ceremony.

"Are you guys talking?" Chloe asks.

Alex laughs softly.

"I can't believe Michelle is not telling you guys anything."

"Ace and Alex topic is off limits." Tony said.

"I doubt that." Alex smiled.

"You and Ace, you're nuts, you both are." Chase said.

"Hmmm, I told her that." Tracy followed.

"Ace still loves you Alex." Michelle said.   "And obviously you still love him, why suffer?"

"Please Michelle, I hate to disappoint you girl but you're wrong."

"Wrong about what, wrong that you still love Ace or Ace still loves you?" Tony asks.

Alex drew breath.

"I doubt his feelings." Alex looks at Ace on the TV. "He's happy with his muse."

"Didn't you see the smile on his face?" Michelle said.

"I believe you know Ace more then we knew him." Tony said.

"He's happy now; I won't appear in front of him again and make his life miserable."

"What makes you think not seeing you make his life worth living?" Chase asked Alex.

"It's better this way guys. He's happy...and so am i."

"Are you?" Chloe said "Really happy?"

Alex didn't answer; she gave them a smile, her famous fake smile.

***

Alex is busy giving orders to her kitchen staff. Its dinner time and most of her regulars came to eat. It's a busy evening for Alex.

"Alex!" that's her best friend Tracy. "Someone is in your office."

"I am busy Tracy."

"I think you should see him."

"Him?"

"Mr. Merrill, he said he wanted to talk to you and he said it's important."

 As promised, another update, Can't thank you enough guys...hope you won't leave me till i publish the last part. It's coming...so please, stay.