Chapter 30 (It's All Coming Back)

"Harrison, what are you doing here?"

Alex is surprised with her ex-father-in-law's presence. Ace is the last person she would ever imagine would set foot on her restaurant, but Harrison Merrill that is next to impossible.

"You're doing a great job here Alex, and I must say you look beautiful."

"You look great too." Alex greets Harrison with a peck of kiss on his cheek. He's like a father to her. "I applied what I have learned from Affluent, you know dealing with customers or clients and everything."

"That's good, I was gonna ask how are you but the way I see things you're doing okay, more than okay I guess."

"Yeah, how about you, how are you and Lucinda?"

"We're good, I retired and your mother in law...I mean...your ex-mother-in-law is the one who really enjoyed my retirement. You know vacation trips anywhere she pleases."

"It's about time you two enjoy some quality time together."

Alex left out of words, there's nothing left to say, she didn't know what else to say except.

"I'm sorry where my manners are, can I offer you anything, coffee...tea...anything?"

"Aren't you going to ask me how's my son doing?"

Alex was wonder-stricken, she have a feeling that was the reason why the good old Merrill pays her a visit.

"He's great." Alex smiled uncomfortably. "I saw him and his girlfriend on the television last night, he's happy. I mean...he really is alright that's what the papers said."

"You don't honestly believe what you read or what you saw, there's substance in you and you know very well papers and television feeds false information. Especially show business, they're full of shit."

"What do you want Harrison?"

"I want you for a daughter in law, not that cheap starlet, talk to Ace put some sense into him."

"I don't think I can do that Harrison your son won't listen and..."

"You can't or you won't?"

Alex didn't answer.

"Do you still love my son?"

'What is wrong with these people' Alex ask herself. But what's the point of denying-one year is enough.

"Yes I do, I still love your son."

"Then put a fight with that bitch, take back what is rightfully yours, I am going to celebrate my 70th birthday tomorrow evening, and I want you to be there, use your charm Alex, win my son back."

Alright, don't get too excited, well I don't think you are...lol, like I said it's going to end soon...So, hold on people, new chapter will be publish again tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you...!