Face Off

SUMMER

Let's just say Rey's summer wasn't that pleasant. It was lovely when he traded some letters with Cedric and Neville. It was also pleasant when he and his family spent their summer like every other summer before. But it was tiresome for him that Adrian forced him to learn a few spells. Maybe he shouldn't have told him about what happened a few months ago to Harry. 

"Try it again." Adrian told him with his unbothered face.

"I'm tired." Rey stood on the garden, almost collapsed.

"Try it, again. Just say the incantation, Lux Clypeus." Adrian said before he throw another rubber ball squarely to his face. Which, made Rey fell back to the ground.

"Come on boys, lunch!" Their mom yelled from the backdoor.

"We'll try it again later." Adrian told him while picking the rubber ball.

Don't get him wrong, but Rey have told his brother about the underage wizarding restriction. And what Adrian told him in response? They had more legal wiggle-room for that restriction so he didn't need to worry about anything. Rey just accepted his words as it was. But if Rey was ought to be expelled from Hogwarts due to said violation, he would flip.

It wasn't until two days later that Adrian felt satisfied with Rey's progress. So like the Adrian he is, he immediately moved on to teach Rey the next spell.

"Brother is it even nescessary?" Rey gruntled under the bright morning sun.

"Well, just do the complete oposite of the previous gesture. Remember the one before? Starting from the six, take a full clockwise, and do the inverted V."

"Just put them on reverse." Rey added.

"Yes. Then say the incantation, clearly! Umbraculum."

"Hope you're ready in three." His brother warned him.

"All right, bring it on." Rey took his stance.

"Three! Aguamenti." 

As soon as Adrian said the incantation out loud, a jet of powerful water sputtered from the tip of his wand. It managed to catches Rey off guard. Hence, he failed to block the spell teribbly. Resulting in him being doused with water from head to toe and sent falling backwards by the stream's power. 

"Wha... What was that?" Rey coughed in disbelief.

"A water-summoning spell. Thought it would freshen you up a little."

"Too fresh... Too. Fresh." Rey still coughed from catching a small amount of water into his nose.

"All right then, better change into another clothes. We're going to Diagon Alley."

Just like last year, the Olympias went to the Diagon Alley to accompany Rey buying his magical equipments. Their parents regretfully told them that they wouldn't be able to became a company because of a slew of new legislations that has to be immediately passed and ratified. 

"We're going in five!" Adrian announced from the bottom of the stairs.

"You look like a wet rat." Beau hold his laugh from Rey's doorframe.

"Is he always like that?" Rey asked disgruntedly, while putting a new set of clothes.

"Like what?"

"Trained you hard?'

"Yes. He wanted us to be safe you know. With what happened to your friend Potter, you could be the next one."

"Don't think I will." Rey shrugged while putting on his shoes.