The Game

After having a wonderful dinner with his family, their merry little band walked through the forest. The stadium was said to be right in the middle of Dartmoor. That was an excellent choice in his opinion, as the vast location would significantly diminish the chance for muggles to stumble upon their little celebration of sportmanship.

When they finally came upon the stadium, they were greeted with a grandiose architecture. The building was said to be able to seat a hundred thousands people, which was unheard of in the history of Quidditch World Cup. Even last year's final that was hosted by Canada at the George A. McInnes National Venue in Toronto, only hosted about 80 thousands people. 

The venue was named after their first Viceroy of magical affair, which was hailed by them after trashing Rapoport's law and passed numerous laws to protect the muggles. Not to mention how the man managed to built their communities after having a revolutionary war against their neighbours down south. The stadium was said to have been built in the same way as their ministry of magic's building, all grand and beautiful. 

He never been there before, as he did not personaly attend the 1990 Quidditch World Cup final. But when he asked Rey about the venue's whereabout, the Gryffindor told him -with a grin- that it was only a few kilometres of the coast of the city of Toronto. He did not know whether his boyfriend was joking or not.

Back to the present, they were now right infront of the stadium. It was a rather breathtaking sight, as Cedric never saw an architecture that big in the British wizarding world. People already clamored up the stairs that led towards the main entrance, which was covered with carpet of rich purple colours. Banners of adverts were hanged along the walls of the main entrance for everyone to see. Anything from quidditch broom until a wizarding wear store that had an outlet in Hogsmeade. 

Even though the excitement was thick in the air around them, Cedric quickly figured that it would be though to look for anyone in that kind of crowd. So he quickly grabbed Rey's hand before entertwining their hands together. 

'You sure about this?' Rey asked towards him. His face was kept on neutral gear, but his internal voice was busy laughing in giddiness.

'I'm afraid I am. Don't wanna lose you in this kind of crowd.' He replied mentally while an evident smile was being etched onto his face. The Gryffindor blushed in an instance.

They continued their journey through the slowly creeping crowd, heading for their boxes. Even though a little more than half of the attendees have been seated, they were still too many people that were still navigating for their own box. Cedric and his family was one of the latter. 

"Amos, honey.... Where will we be seated at?" His mother asked his father.

"A special one, dear." His father smiled proudly.

"Oh really?" His mother nudged his father's shoulder teasingly, clearly disbeliving his father's reply.

"Really!" His father laughed wholeheartedly.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that they finally reached a less-crowded section of the stadium, with him getting baffled when they came across a box that was guarded by the aurors. A few people in nice outfits hanged around lousily at the empty hallway that lead to the guarded box, which he assumed as the guests at said box. It must've been the minister's box, nothing else.

"Oh, it is realy a special one." His mother turned to his father as the guard aurors asking for their tickets. 

"Well, it was a mere lucky draw I guess. Actually I didn't really know why Fudge invited us over." His father explained to them. The man was completely content that they got the best view, considering it was right at the top. Quidditch can be a hard sport to watch, but the top box would definitely help them to see everything better.