The Imperius Curse

The school weeks progressed rather hastily. Lessons would come and go faster than anyone could ever comprehend. Rey at first could follow it with all the might he could muster. But as the weeks passed, he became bored and disgruntled. Everything just seemed to be so... tedious. Not even the twins hilarious jokes and pranks could entertain him anymore. 

Maybe it was only his own little heart that thought that way, but Rey definitely felt a little bored. Waking up, breakfast, classes, lunch, class, dinner, sleep, and repeat -He had to threw in a bath in the morning and night-. And despite the emotional relief he got from hanging out with his boyfriend or having a study group with his friends, everything just so repetitive. Not to mention how the teachers became so demanding these days, giving up assignments in bulk.

The students -especially from the fourth year up-, being fed up, started to feed the Hogwart's rumor mill with various speculations regarding the recent upticks of assignments they received. But nothing prevailed better than "The teachers do all that because we're having foreign students this year" speculation. The speculation that Professor McGonagall debunked outright on Rey's transfiguration class.

"Professor..." Lavender and Parvati whined at the same time as Professor McGonagall disclosed the homework that would be due next week. Submitting your personal notes, writing two scrolls worth of an in-depth analysis of turning animals into stuff -their current lesson involved turning a hedgehog into a pin cushion-, and not to mention they have to recount the mathematical formulation that she taught during the first year. The whole shebang, basically...

"You are now entering a most important phase of yourmagical education!" She told them. Her eyes glinting dangerously behind her spectacles. "You're going to have your Ordinary Wizarding Levels pretty so-"

"But Professor! We don't even take them until fifth year!" Dean Thomas exclaimed in protest.

"Maybe not, Thomas, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get! Miss Granger and Mister Olympia remain the only person inthis class who have managed to turn a hedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion,Thomas, still curls up in fright if anyone approaches it with apin!" The professor remarked, causing Seamus and Ron to do the same. Professor McGonagall was not having it.

"And might I also remind you, Mister Finnigan and Mister Weasley. Not only that your cushions curl up in fright, but they also still run whenever you two try to stick a pin on them. Should I further elaborate my point that you two are still nowhere near changing it into a cushion?" 

That shut the two. Hermione, who appeared to be still rather pink from her previous compliment, pulled her mouth into a thin line. Rey, who was rather bored and paid the class no mind anymore, started to absentmindedly swished his wand onto the pin cushion before him. 

Tap, a hedgehog.

Tap, a pin cushion.

Tap, 

Tap, 

Tap, 

Tap, 

Tap, 

T-

"Stopped it, you can accidentally make it explode like Seamus did two weeks ago." Hermione hissed closely, pulling Rey out of his bored trance.

Rey looked around the crowded room, only to find the rest of the students were already preoccupied with something. Either they were busy writing down the notes that Professor McGonagall have written on the black board, or they were busy staring out the window dreamily. The Professor however, appeared to have been observing everyone in the class with a hawk-like expression. She then spared a half impressed-half disapproving look at his rash action. Rey muttered a sorry before completing his notes.