Of Victory and Dream

Rey shoot quickly past Anthony, almost knocking the boy out of his broom in the process.

"Hey, watch it!"

Rey decided to apologize to the Hufflepuff later, as he was too busy chasing the golden snitch. The snitch was zapping swiftly through the clear April sky, with both him and Cedric on each other's neck to chase it down.

The Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were on their final game, which currently stands on 200-140, with the former on the lead. Rey remembered the clear instruction that Wood gave to him prior to the game. He had to catch the snitch, no matter what, due to their fairly large point difference with the Hufflepuff.

Rey quickly done a mental math prior to the game. With the current 230 points difference in the league, he should catch the snitch while his team was on a 90 points lead minimum in order to win the cup. He already knew that the Hufflepuff won't let them off easy this time, as it was proved with the present situation. If Rey caught the snitch right away, his house would won the final, but not the quidditch cup. He was gobsmacked by the fact how Wood could ever miss this important detail.

Thankfully, Rey didn't really have to fetch a plan to deter both of them from catching the snitch right away. O'Flaherty shot a bludger towards him and, unintentionally, Cedric. The Hufflepuff, who have been tailing so close behind him, also had to dodge the bludger, in addition to Rey's extremely dangerous evasive maneuver.

'Hey, you're alright?'

'Yes, Ced. Sorry for almost knocked you off your broom. You're okay?' Rey thought as he zipped away towards the Gryffindor's goalposts.

'Don't worry, I'm fine. We just lost the snitch.'

"You're lucky O'Flaherty shot that bludger towards you and him. I forgot that we should not caught the snitch yet!" Oliver beamed at him, clearly happy at the prospect of them widening their lead. Rey could feel the confident emanating from the seventh year, pushing himself into the same field of emotion in the process.

He then quickly moved to somewhere else, dodging bludgers and other players at the same time. The Gryffindor's managed to widened their leads to 70 points, with the score hanging at 220-150 in their favor. Rey tried to focuses his eyes and ears to catch wind of the snitch's whereabout.

For a few moments, he was too busy looking for the snitch. He didn't even realize about the upcoming rouge bludger. That bludger have been passed through by both teams during the entire match. And when Fred hit it with a wrong angle the last time, the bludger happily flew towards Rey.

'Little one, watch it!'

'Watch, wh-'

Rey mental thought was cut off by the sudden image of a bludger speeding towards his back. At first, he thought it was only his imagination. But when he could hear the bludger's swooshing, he knew it was real. Rey moved a few metres to his left, seeing the image of him doing just exactly that. A few seconds later, the bludger swept pass through him. He was more than lucky that it didn't struck right into his back, it could've broke his spine.

"Ey, that's my man! Olympia just evade a rogue bludger coming up from behind." An excited-sounding Jordan commented. He then started to rant on and on about the Firebolt before getting reprimanded by Professor McGonagall.

'Whoah, did you see that?'

'Yeah, clearly. How could you see through my head?'

'Are you sure it wasn't you who have sent that picture to me?'

'I might've or I might've not...'

'You're starting to sound like Professor Dumbeldore.'