The Unexpected

Everybody suddenly shot up to their feet, getting the urge to straightened their backs. Silent stares were traded between the nine champions present, nobody knew how they supposed to respond to that statement. Nobody, until Héloïse decided to open her mouth.

"Is zis suppose to be a joke, Meester Bagman?"

"Joke?" Mr. Bagman snorted, "No, not at all!" The man brushed her off.

"Harry's name just shot up from the Goblet of Fire!" 

As soon as the sentenced left Mr. Bagman's mouth, everyone started to fuss over Harry. Viktor and Gunnar contracted their eyebrows, The Beauxbatons students started to whisper lowly in French, Rey and his fellow Hogawarts Champion could only stared at Mr. Bagman in disbelief, but Oddmund decided to voice his disbelief out loud.

"The minister said only three champions would be selected from each school! This is unfair!" Oddmund stated. It looked like Harry wanted to just vanish into thin air.

"Well, There can't be much left to say for young man over here." Mr. Bagman tapped Harry's shoulder repeatedly. "But considering the fact that the Goblet decided to shot out his name, I think he-"

Before Mr. Bagman could give out his reason, A sudden burst of noise echoed through the spiralling staircase. Soon enough, a group of confused and outraged old people descended down to the antechamber. Professor Dumbledore -with Professor Snape taling closely behind him voicing his protests in a rather sharp tone-, Professor McGonagall -who seemed to be bearing her signature worried look-, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime, accompanied closely by the Minister of Magic himself, Mr. Crouch and Adrian. Adiran silently closed the door behind them, having a rather unfazed look on his face. This would be one hell of a chaos.

"Dumbly-door, what is ze meaning of zis?"

"I'd rather want to know myself, Dumbledore. I was under the impression that each school was supposed to have three champion." Igor Karkaroff's eyes lit up with silent anger. "Is this supposed to be a hosting school privilege?"

"C'est unfair," Madame Maxine added, "You cannot 'ave four champions, Dumbly-door. It is most injust of you." 

"Madame Maxine, if you please." Professor Dumbledore shot the Beauxbatons' headmistress an apologetic look, "It really is an unprecedented circumstance."

"Kid this young shouldn't have been allowed to enter their names in the first place." Karkaroff pointed his fingers towards Harry. Rey subconsciously pushed himself closer to Cedric's side.

"It's no one's fault but Potter's Karkaroff." Professor Snape leered, his dark eyes shone with malice. "He have been a celebrity ever since he stepped through the Great Hall years ago, and it is paramount how he wants to chase fame once again. One can only guess how he would do so, and it have been proven to-"

"Thank you, Seveus." Professor Dumbledore shut him down. The headmaster quickly turned towards Harry, looking at the boy intently before asking the most basic question for tonight's mess.

"Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" The wizened man asked calmly.

"No." Harry's answer was short and definite. 

Rey could feel no fear emanating from Harry, indicating that the boy was telling the absolute truth. Yet despite Harry's honest answer, the outburst of disbelief and accusation was imminent.

"Do you happened, by any chance, asked another student to put your name in?" Professor Dumbledore inquired for another answer.

"But it should have not been possible, Albus. You made sure that no students can put in another's name." Professor McGonagall chimed in. She could be seen clutching her heart. Rey felt bad for her, as she must have been through a lot of similar circumstances.