6

George's POV

George smiled in excitement as he felt fingers untie his blindfold.

The cloth dropped from his face and George eagerly opened his eyes. His eyes adjusted to the change in lighting and he gasped.

The large, lone tree sat in the middle of his favorite field. The large branches were a familiar sight. George bit his lips at all recollection of all the memories he had made here.

Clay stood next to him quietly, George could tell he was holding his breath. George smiled softly and looked at Clay.

Clay watched him curiously, a question lingering in his eyes.

"I remember... it's been a while, hasn't it?" George said softly.

Clay nodded, he seemed relieved and George added, "I could never forget... Thank you for bringing me here."

Clay smiled. "I'm happy you like it."

George bit his lip and grabbed Clay's face. He pulled him into a kiss, catching Clay by surprise.

"I- uh..." Quackity coughed and then started muttering something rapidly in what seemed like a prayer in another language.

George and Clay ignored the guard as he turned around and jogged into the woods nearby.

George smiled against Clay's lips and whispered, "I love you Clay."

Clay's eyes shone with happiness as he murmured, "I love you more."

"Don't go down that road," George teased, "I could argue with you all day."

"I know."

George laughed and he grabbed Clay's hand. They walked to the tree and sat under its welcoming branches. Quackity was out wandering the woods somewhere.

"You never told me why this was your favorite place," Clay said and looked at George.

George chewed his lip as he thought. He smiled and replied, "It's quiet out here. I can think. This place is where I would come to get away from being a prince, but now... I never have time to come here."

Clay hummed, "I'm glad we could come here today then."

George grinned and grabbed Clay's hand. He traced his fingers over Clay's palm and sighed happily.

"I guess it's only fair if you tell me a story, "Clay said.

George looked up, brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"I shared my story last time we were here," Clay said, "now it's your turn."

George shook his head. "I don't have any stories."

"That's not true."

"Hmm," George thought for a moment before grinning, "I think I have a good one."

"Go on," Clay replied with a grin.

George held his gaze and continued to play with Clay's hand, tracing his fingers over Clay's calloused fingers and the grooves of his palm.

"Well, once upon a time," George started with a giggle, "I met this big, strong guard."

Clay let out a soft laugh and George continued, "He was very mean to me at first―rightfully so might I add― I was a royal dick." At Clay's wide grin George said, "He had the prettiest eyes, but they were so cold to me.

"He was forced to be my guard. I made it my personal goal to make him smile."

"Did you really?" Clay asked, amused.