3

The day of the funeral

The day of the funeral... was slow and painful...

Painfully slow... so many people who loved and adored Hinata were there...

His photo frame that stood in front of his coffin mocked them with his bright smile....full of life...

Everyone was crying...

His little sister Natsu, His parents... Kageyama, Sugawara, Daichi....Kenma...

Everyone...

Everyone who's life was impacted by a man so small... but with a dream and heart so big was there...

"SHOYO" Nishinoya screamed as he bursted through the door, he ran towards the confin, his eyes red and puffy, filled with tears...

"S-Shoyo!" Nishinoya screamed, his scream was filled with agony and pain as he approached the coffin and stared at his Kouhai's pale unmoving body...

Yamaguchi can only imagine the pain he was going through...

He glanced at his side, where Tsukki held his tears in, a cold indifferent expression on his face.

He was keeping it in...

Yamaguchi's eyes continued to wander around the room... spotting Kenma who also stood in front of Hinata's coffin, his teeth were clenched and his body shakes uncontrollably, with tears streaming down his face...Next to Kenma was Kuroo, who attempted his best to comfort his best friend...

Bokuto cried, his sobs muffled since his head was buried in Akaashi's chest who comforted the Male.

"ONII-SAN!" Natsu yelled at the coffin,freeing herself from her mother's grasp as she ran to the box where her elder brother laid.

"Y-YOU PROMISED! Y-YOU-...Y-you..." Natsu's voice broke as she fell on her knees, her mother rushing to her sides, trying to get the girl to stand up, who refused.

"You...you..you promise you won't leave...t-that you wouldn't l-leave me! W-why?! Why?! WHY?! WHY DID YOU BREAK YOUR PROMISE?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" Natsu yelled, holding onto the coffin as if her dear life depended on it, she was on her knees, crying, screaming for her dear brother to come back to life.

"DON'T-...Don't-... D-don't l-leave me..." Natsu begged, curling into a ball, sobbing.

Knowing that if he continued watching Natsu, he'd eventually start crying, he turned his head searching the room for Kageyama, who sat in a wheelchair, sobbing his heart out as well...hidden in the shadows...alone...

His body shakes violently with anger and sadness.... He was sad... so sad...

"SHOYOOO! YOU CAN'T BE DEAD! YOU PROMISED...Y-you promised..I'd get to see you again! I-...I'm supposed to teach you... how to do... the rolling thunder...remember?" Nishinoya's voice broke and he collapsed on his knees, crying beside Natsu.

Tanaka and Kiyoko were also there... sobbing in a corner... and Yachi...who heartbrokenly sobbed her heart out as well, curled into a ball...

"H-hinata...you...dumbass" Kageyama murmured weakly, he rolled over to where the coffin was and stared at Hinata's body...

"We..were supposed... to get... married...d-dumbass" Kageyama whispered...

Yamaguchi felt a stab to his heart... it was so painful...

He glanced back at Tsukki who glared at the coffin...

Yamaguchi reached for the males hand... giving it a comforting squeeze...

The taller blonde male froze... his knuckles were white from clenching them in a fist for too long...

"L-...Let's get out of here...I-.. I think we stayed long enough... Hinata wouldn't want us to be crying..." Yamaguchi murmured, tugging his friend from his seat...

Tsukishima followed him obediently, they bid farewell from the crying morning mother...
Once they got into their car, Tsukishima didn't break into tears like Yamaguchi expected him to..

"T-Tsukki? A-are you-?"

"Drive" Tsukishima commanded coldly, his eyes straight ahead... a blank expression on his face...

"..." Yamaguchi remained silent, he turned towards Tsukki who refused to look at Yamaguchi...

"I said drive," Tsukki repeated, his hand forming into a fist, his knuckles turning white...

"T-tsukki...i-if you need to cry... you can cry...you know" Yamaguchi mumbled hesitantly.

The older male turned his head glaring at Yamaguchi, his eyes were puffy and his cheeks were flushed, he looked angry and hurt...

"Shut up Yamaguchi," Tsukishima said, irritated, waiting for the apology he was used to hearing from the freckled male...

"No Tsukki, I won't shut up, I care about you and it isn't healthy if you bottle up your feelings!" Yamaguchi exclaimed, turning towards the blonde haired male, who rubbed his eyes irritatedly.

"For fucks sake Yamaguchi, Leave me alone? Can't you do that at least?" Tsukishima groaned, turning away from Yamaguchi, resting his head against the window, shutting his eyes.

"No Tsukki! If I leave you alone you'd hurt yourself! Please! Let me be there for you! I care about you a lot Tsukishima Kei, I want to stand beside you! Not behind you anymore! So please! Let me be there for you!" Yamaguchi said determined, he did want to stand beside him... he wanted to be equal to Tsukki!

He didn't want... to be behind him...anymore...

"..." Tsukishima remained silent, he bit his lip in frustration and squeezed his eyes shut... Yamaguchi could only imagine what was going on in his mind.

A loud pained sob escaped Tsukki's lips...

Yamaguchi reached out hesitantly, rubbing Tsukki's back comfortingly as he sobbed..

What came out next...shocked him...

"I-.. I n-never got to t-tell the shrimp..t-that I-...how I-... truly feel"