7

Soft crunching sounds were heard as Yamaguchi walked through the streets of Miyagi, looking for his best friend's apartment

Soft crunching sounds were heard as Yamaguchi walked through the streets of Miyagi, looking for his best friend's apartment... sure he could have driven... but what fun would that be?

Winter was approaching soon, the last of leaves swirled in the wind, creating tiny tornadoes.

It was a rather chilly autumn afternoon and midterms were approaching.

He and Tsukishima have made plans to study together for the exams and so, with a box of strawberry shortcake, he found Tsukki's apartment.

Climbing up the stairs, his pale fingers touch the chilly railings...

It sure was getting quite cold.

Once he reached Tsukishima's door, he hesitantly knocked on the door waiting for his friend to open up, shivering as a cold gust of wind blew by.

It's been a few months since Hinata's death, and Yamaguchi was proud to say, Tsukki was slowly recovering...

Very Very slowly... but nevertheless... recovering.

Suddenly, the door opened revealing Tsukishima.

"Sorry... I was making some hot chocolate" Tsukki murmured, stepping aside to let Yamaguchi enter the household.

"A-ah, No problem" Yamaguchi murmured, peeling off his jacket, followed by his scarf then his sweater.

Not to mention, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi became closer...

Closer than before... He even became more kind...in Yamaguchi's opinion to say the least.

He walked into the living room noticing it was rather tidy, there were no beer bottles or scattered papers...

He smiled... Tsukki definitely was recovering!

He walked over to the dining table, noticing two cups of Hot chocolate with marshmallows drenched in the hot liquid.

He placed the box of pastries down on the table, sitting comfortably on one of the chairs.

"I-is this my cup?" Yamaguchi asked, pointing to the cup in front of him.

"Well, I'm not expecting anyone else, so duh" Tsukishima replied, taking a sip out of his cup, his honey eyes staring at the box of pastries in front of him.

"Ah..Sorry Tsukki" He mumbled, taking the warm mug in his freezing trembling hands, he took a sip, not taking how hot it was in consideration..

He flinched, causing some of the hot chocolate to spill on his shirt, lap and hands...

Who knew hot chocolate could be so... so hot?

"Idiot Yamaguchi...look what you done" Tsukishima growled, standing and heading into the kitchen to most likely grab a rug to wipe the spill on the carpet.

"G-gomen Tsukki, I'll buy you a new c-carpet" Yamaguchi stammered nervously, but to his surprise, Tsukishima came back with a first aid kit and a small face towel.

He crouched down in front of Yamaguchi and took his hands into his.

"Idiot, I could care less about the carpet, it's your hands I'm worried about" He muttered, drying his hands with the towel and proceeded to grab bandages to wrap up his hands...

"A-ah s-sorry.." Yamaguchi murmured nervously, his face flushed a bright shade of red, his heart was beating way to fast

Tsukishima wrapped them carefully, his cool fingers leaving sparks as he touched the younger males hands.

What was this odd feeling? He felt so light headed and his heart was racing!

There were butterflies in his stomach and he felt like he could explode any moment.

He then shifted his eyes from his hands to Tsukishima who moved on to the next hand.

His blond hair was slightly messy, it grew a little longer and somewhat fell over his eyes, his glasses were perched up on the bridge of his nose, slipping every few seconds, his dark honey eyes narrowed and concentrated..

He looked... ethereal...

"There... finished" Tsukishima said as he stood up, he then began wiping the table and carpet, once he finished he stood back up and headed into the kitchen.

"I'll get you some clothes to change too! Wait there!" Tsukki called out, most likely heading into his room.

"O-ok" Yamaguchi yelled back nervously, as he stared at his bandaged hands...

It was now clear as to what he felt for Tsukishima...

Why did he feel this way?

Tsukki was his best friend! And yet...

Yamaguchi's heart clenched, why would Tsukishima ever return his feelings?

Tsukishima was so cool, smart, amazing, handsome, incredible-...

He squeezed his eyes shut..

Before remembering something that made his heart start hurting...

-

-

-

He was in love with Hinata