4

Work was long and truly boring, Tadashi sluggishly filled out paperwork as Utaro talked on and on about different yaoi mangas and animes, proving that she really is a proud otaku.

Tadashi rubbed his eyes tiredly, he then proceeded to glance around the room noticing a calendar that hung on the billboard.

Monday April 21 2025

Tadashi stared at the date for a long time, something in the back of his mind telling him that the 21st of April was REALLY important...

But why was it important again?

...

Oh yeah... Hinata's death anniversary...

Maybe... I'll pay him a visit Tadashi thought, looking down at his watch, noticing that his shift was about to end...

"And so--... Tsukishima-san you're heading out already?" Utaro asked, tilting her head sideways in confusion.

"Uh- Yeah... my shift is over in three minutes..." Tadashi said, double checking his watch to make sure he was correct.

"OH! Yeah, sorry..." Utaro apologized, her face a bright red...

"No, It's alright" the freckled male mumbled, gathering his things and carefully placing them back into his bag.

"Well, I'll get going now," Tadashi said, fixing his posture.

"Uh Yeah! Bye Tsukishima-san!" Utaro exclaimed, bidding farewell to the older male.

"Bye!"

...

The drive to the cemetery wasn't that long, the trip taking ten minute because he had decided at the last minute he should buy Hinata some flowers or something...

With a bouquet of flowers, Tadashi walked past multiple gravestones, making sure not to step on any.

As he approached Hinata's grave, he noticed a silhouette of a man who stood at Hinata's grave...

"Kage-.. Er, Hinata-kun!" Tadashi called out greeting the ravenette as he reached Hinata's grave.

"Ya-... Tsukishima-san" The male responded, acknowledging his presence.

Hinata Tobio, his old teammate in high school... After Hinata Shoyo's death Kageyama became a part time musician and volleyball player, a song he wrote Sunny place's Lullaby... otherwise known as Hinata's Lullaby was a big hit and many other songs about heartbreak and love.... Also, a few years ago, Kageyama changed his name to his lover's last name... why did he do it? Tadashi didn't know...

"Umm... C-can I just call you Kageyama? I-it's...a little uh you know" Tadashi mumbled awkwardly, crouching down as he placed the bouquet of flowers near Tobio's bouquet.

"Yeah sure... Can I call you Yamaguchi then?" Tobio asked, his dark blue eyes remaining on the marble tombstone...

"Uh... Yeah!" Tadashi mumbled, not ready for the awkward silence between them...

"Um..Shoko-chan's not with you?" Tadashi asked, noticing that the young 3 year old girl wasn't with him.

"Uh no... she's at Onee-san's place, I'm...just dropping by " Tobio replied, running his fingers through his deep black hair.

"Oh"

Three years ago, Kageyama adopted a newborn, saying that it'd help him cope... and it did...

Hinata Shoko was almost like a female version of Hinata Shoyo, a young girl with untamable bright orange hair that stuck up all over the place and bright blue eyes that were filled with curiosity...

She was also just as energetic as a ball of energy...

"You.. should try... adopting..." Kageyama said, turning his head to face the freckled male, who stared at him bewilderedly.

"Um... I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.. I mean... ah.." Tadashi mumbled, attempting to find the right words but failed miserably.

A child? ....

With his daily routine he wouldn't be able to find some time to take care of a child, let alone a newborn...

Plus, he bet he'd be a terrible father.

They stood in front of Hinata's grave for a while in complete silence, not knowing what to say to each other..

And so on that fine day near the end of april, the old captain and the vice captain, stood in front of their fellow teammate's tombstone, in complete utter silence.