𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒

Tadashi ran up the slope, breathing heavily as he made it to the top

It's been years since he's last been here.

He hesitantly walked up to the spot, taking a seat on the edge, observing his surroundings.

It was very much the same, buildings below the slope, people in their kimonos and fundoshi, food stands, e.t.c.

The only difference...is that Kei wasn't here.

He sighed, his heart beating against his chest.

For so long, Tadashi has tried to avoid going to the new year festival, knowing that it'll hurt him more.

11:45, Tadashi sighed, putting down his phone.

He pulled out the letter out of his jacket pocket staring at it hesitantly.

It's time to face your fears Tadashi, don't be a coward he thought, biting his lip.

He shakingly began to open the letter, taking a deep breath in, pulling out the thin paper.

Tadashi opened it, observing the letter.

The writing was messy, it obviously was rushed, the writing was smudge, but nevertheless, it was Kei's writing.

Dear Tadashi,

Firstly, I hope you're doing well, as shitty as that sounds, I hope that, while you're reading this, the transplant was successful, I hope that you aren't blaming yourself, because let's be honest we both know you'd do that.

This was never a in the moment type of thing,I've actually planned about just in case, I got checked and I made sure that I was able to donate, for you.

Also, you're probably reading this years later and if not, well,that's embarrassing.

I just hope you're taking care of yourself.

I'm sorry if this was rushed, I'm sorry if my writing is complete shit.

But just so you know, I love you and I will always love you no matter what.

No matter what, even if we're worlds apart, I'll always be thinking about you.

I just hope you'll live your life, get married, grow old and possibly find someone else to love.

You are the stars that guided me through the dark and I'm so grateful for your love and support, thank you for everything, I'm sure it's crappy of me to not say a proper goodbye but, I'll always love you and I'm sorry.

Again, I'm sorry I'm leaving you this way, especially on our anniversary.

I'm sorry for everything, for the pain I've caused you before, now and possibly in the future.

But darling, like I've said before, I love you no matter how far apart we are, please, take care of yourself, stay healthy and grow old for me.

Because...Tadashi, I gave you my heart, so please take care of it.

Kei.

Tears streamed down his face, softly hitting the page, his lips quivering, his shoulder shaking,

"I-I will... I-I promise.." He muttered in response, alone under the sea of stars.

Then, boom,

Bright colours exploded in the sky, signifying it was, now in fact new years.

"Happy New years and anniversary..Tadashi" Tadashi turned his head facing his right, eyes widened as he saw what seemed to be a faint figure of his old lover, staring at the fireworks and a small smile on his lips, slowly disappearing into darkness, turning his head towards Tadashi, smiling at him for the last time before completely disappearing.

Tadashi smiled, taking deep breaths in and out, drying his tears, the letter still in his hands, experiencing this odd feeling of comfort.

He tilted his head as if he was laying his head on a shoulder, feeling as if all the weight he collected throughout the years on shoulders had been lifted.

"Happy new years and anniversary, Kei" He murmured, smiling happily as he looked up towards the bright sky with exploding colours, memories of when Kei sat beside him.

Smiling, as he sat alone, watching the new year fireworks.

end.