4

It's been two months since Tadashi's appointment and he hasn't gotten his results back, he didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

However, his condition worsened, the coughing became more frequent and he got tired quickly.

Tadashi let out a sigh, he shut his eyes.

"Hmmm..? That's odd..." Utaro Aiko murmured, placing her stethoscope back on Tadashi's chest, making sure she heard his heartbeat correctly.

"W-what's wrong?" Tadashi asked nervously, watching as Aiko scrunched her eyes, concentrating on his heart beat.

She remained silent for a few minutes, she then pulled back her stethoscope and started typing away on her computer.

"It's your heartbeat," She said, turning to Tadashi.

"What about my heartbeat?" Tadashi's hand started to sweat, he was nervous, was something wrong with his heart beat?

"It's irregular..."

He sighed, plopping on the bed.

Kei was at volleyball practice and Tadashi felt bad...

He still was unemployed and Kei worked part time in the museum and was a part time volleyball player.

He worked hard while Tadashi sat around in the house, cleaning and cooking.

Tadashi felt angry, angry with himself that he had increasingly become weak, angry that he felt useless.

Suddenly, there was a silent ping coming from his phone.

Thinking it was Kei, Tadashi eagerly picked up the phone, a smile on his face,rolling on his stomach.

However, his smile dropped as he realized it wasn't from Kei.

It was an email from Utaro-san.

He sighed, reluctantly clicking on the notification.

Tsukishima-san,

We've received the results from the blood test, frankly the results were not pleasant.

We're suspecting a heart disease and we would like for you to come back for an Chest X-ray as well as possibly CT scans and an MRI.

We would like you to book an appointment immediately in hopes to confirm our suspicions.

Utaro Aiko.

Tadashi felt his heart drop, he hated this.

Heart disease? He clenched his teeth, he despised this.

Then, his ringtone started playing, catching him off guard, he stared at the contact name, feeling his heart drop.

Kei <3

He gulped.

He slid his finger across the screen, accepting the call.

"Hey" Tadashi greeted nervously.

"Hey, I'm coming home in like what? 30 minutes? Can you make sure rice is cooked? I'm bringing home some food" Kei said.

"Alright" Tadashi murmured, still nervous, how was I going to tell Kei? Tadashi thought nervously, biting his lip.

"You alright darling? You sound down" Kei said quietly,causing Tadashi to tense up.

"I'm fine, just come home safe" Tadashi said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Alright...anyways, have you got your results back?" Kei asked, almost giving Tadashi a heart attack.

He could feel his palms turn sweaty, he grew anxious...

"Yeah" he responded, running a hand through his hair.

"And?"

Tadashi took a deep breath in, biting his lips, forcing a smile even though he knew Kei couldn't see him.

"It's fine! I'm alright! Just really stressed out and Utaro-san says I need to take it easy and not overexert myself" Tadashi lied, trying to sound optimistic.

"Really? Oh thank goodness, I was scared for a second, God Tadashi I swear, you're going to be the death of me" Kei murmured letting out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah" Tadashi said, forcing a chuckle.

"Alright, well I'm gonna start driving, see you home, I love you" Kei said, bidding his husband a farewell.

"Alright, come home safe, I love you too" Tadashi said, ending the call, the smile dropping from his face instantly.

Tadashi sighed, reluctantly looking at the email in front of him.

He sighed, clicking a few buttons on his phone, he held it up to his ear, listening to the dialing.

Once he heard a faint hello, he took a deep breath in.

"Hello? It's me, Tsukishima Tadashi and I'd like to book an appointment..."