L I L A C

L I L A C

I was at the principal's office scared out of my mind.

I'm going to be in so much trouble.

"Ms. Leilani, do you know how injured Britney is?" The principal asked me.

I took a better look at her face.

"You look a lot like her," I replied.

"How does this have anything to do with the issue Lilac?" The principal asked nervously.

"Are you her mother?" I questioned.

"That is none of your business." She told me.

"Is it not? If you're her mother then you will definitely believe your daughter's side of the story than mine. So when I tell you that she slapped me first you'll—correct me if I'm wrong, this is all based on high school movies I watch—won't get her in trouble because then it will go on her transcript and her future colleges will see that she is a mean person who slaps people." I said.

"Fine, I won't call your dad but this is a warning." She told me.

"Thank you very much! I hope you and your daughter have an amazing day. Also, I am very sorry for hurting her, that was not my intention." I said smiling and waving at the principal as I left the office.

I feel so bad that I hurt Britney, I should make her an apology cupcake after school.

I walked around when I saw Kaiden. He was doing something that I've seen other kids do at the parties.

"Kaid!" I shouted and ran jumping on him.

"Hey sunshine, why aren't you in class?" He asked.

"I got in trouble so I had to go to the principal's office," I mumbled.

"What did you do?" He questioned.

"I don't want to talk about it, I feel like a meanie," I told him.

"Wait someone tweeted about it. You slammed a textbook on Britney's head?" He asked.

"What's tweeted. Don't birds tweet?" I asked.

I hate being out of the loop.

"It's like texting but anyone can see it." He told me.

"Ooh, that sounds nice," I replied.