Ch - 5 : I fell in love

Lan Xichen opened his diary and began flipping through the pages , the first page that caught his eye was the page titled ' Twin Prides of Yunmeng ' . He began to read it with a smile plastered on his face .

The diary is written in Lan Xichen's point of view .

Today was a hectic day . I and Wangji had to take care  of the issues regarding the water ghouls , I also got to meet the Twin Prides of Yunmeng . The two were rumoured to be of great looks and I have to say the rumours didn't do them justice . Young Master Wei and Young Master Jiang were great cultivators though they were omegas . Young Master Wei is a bit unruly and outgoing but he is a good guy and his character is refreshing , he also loves teasing Wangji  . Moreover , I can tell from the way Wangji gazes at him that he has already secured a spot in the heart of my cold looking but sweet brother . But none of this caught my attention as much the boy standing next to Young Master Wei did . He was so well mannered and a complete opposite of Young Master Wei , how do they get along I thought . He introduced himself as ' Jiang Cheng ' and I don't know why but I had this strange thought to call him Jiang Cheng itself instead of respecting his position as the son of Sect Leader Jiang but I was able to compose myself and made no mistake . Truthfully , the whole day I was distracted because I kept on thinking about him and his eyes . I really wanted to stare deep into his purple eyes . Oh , how I long to stare at them as long as I could . It felt like his eyes ere drowning me in their unending depth . After our meeting and parting I couldn't help but steal glances at him when he wasn't looking , I wanted to stare at him everyday from then on . But why ? I have no idea .

Flipping further he was pulled to read another page which read ' I think I fell in love '

The young masters of different sects who came to Gusu for training would be going back soon . I grew up watching many young masters and heirs of sects come and go then the next year the same thing happens but this time I just didn't want them to go , no , I didn't want him to go . I just want him to be with me forever , I just want him to be close , I am more than happy by looking at him from a distance , I just wish I could see him everyday . I really hope for us , my dear Wanyin .
I even call him Wanyin now but only in mind . He only treats me as a senior nothing more . I have no idea how long I can hold all these thoughts and desires . It is really getting out of control , I can't seem to control myself when he is near me if it was not for our clan rules I would've done something reckless already . Everytime I see him I have the urge to go and kiss his rosey and plumpy lips . The longer he stands near me the more my body heats up . I have never had such an experience till now . Everything feels dull without him , everyday is a void without him , every moment is desolate without him , each of his smile is a treasure , each of his echoing laughter is precious , each of his scowl is valuable , each of his frown is priceless , he is a gem , a rare gem , the rarest in the world . He is the only one I want , the only one my heart has ever beat for , he will also be the only one my heart ever races for . Yes , I admit that I fell in love . I fell in love with him , I fell in love with Jiang Cheng . I have fallen too deep but I don't want to pull myself out of this feeling because this feeling is too addicting . I will confess to him one day.......be it a rejection or acception I can atleast have the opportunity of telling him , ' I LOVE YOU JIANG WANYIN ' .

Reading the whole page the smile he had only grew wider , again his mind flew away , away to him , him who Lan Xichen requires , requires the most . The one for whom his heart still beats .

Meanwhile somewhere in Yunmeng .......

Jiang Cheng was walking along the paths of Yunmeng to an  unknown destination . He was walking peacefully enjoying the bright sun and the glistening leaves of plants when he suddenly halted , he saw a man taking the hand of the woman next to him , kissing her hand and the man asked , " Will you Marry me my dear ? " . The woman throws her arms around the man and exclaims , " Yes ! " . Seeing such a heart warming and romantic scene he also thought about the time when Lan Xichen once told him that he will be the first and last one ever to be loved by the Lan yet here he was broken hearted with only their memories to heal and break him altogether again . He still remembered it when the first jade told him , " I love you Jiang Wanyin . " He still recalled each and every detail about that day.............

It was the last day of study in Gusu and like anyone else Jiang Cheng was also looking forward to going back to Lotus Pier since the last days were extremely lonely as Wei Wuxian had to punch the peacock and went back to Lotus Pier . All these days Jiang Cheng's  solitude was cured by his crush . His crush was rather the best is what Jiang Cheng had always thought . Lost in his thought Jiang Cheng was suddenly called out , " Young Master Jiang , if you don't mind may I have a word with you ? " . The question was asked by none but Lan Xichen itself . Jiang Cheng turned around and nodded his head trying to hide the tint of red on his face and he was successful in doing so as Lan Xichen noticed nothing and walked forward with him following . As soon as they were away from the eyes of other people Lan Xichen grabbed his arm and pulled Jiang Cheng  flush to his body , then the inevitable happened , Lan Xichen was kissing him . Jiang Cheng was unmoving for some time but soon found himself kissing back . After a long moment they pulled back , staring into each other's brown and purple orbs enjoying the feeling bubbling inside them . Breaking the silence Lan Xichen said , " I love you Jiang Wanyin . You are my first and will be my Last love . "
" I love you too , Lan Xichen . I too want us to be each other's first and last . "

That fragments of memory though painful to recall was extremely important . It was the day he gave his heart to another only to be shattered . Drops of crystalline water rained down on his cheeks making them wet . Closing his eyes he allowed himself the luxury to cry . All these years he hadn't cried once because he wanted to be strong infront his son , infront of his mother , infront of Weiwuxian who was like his own  brother and his sister , infront of his father......fortunately he didn't have one anymore , his father had already chosen another as his son . But now he cried , cried it all out , whatever he held in all these years , whatever prickled him all these years , whatever made his life a hell were all cried out today . Falling on his knees clutching himself he cried his heart and soul out .

A little while later he was still crying when a warm hand raised his chin up and wiped away his tears , " Please don't cry . " , the person told . Jiang Cheng opened his eyes and looked at the origin of the voice . He was shell  shocked seeing the owner of that calm voice  , this was his worst nightmare !