Ch - 11 : Convincing The Family

Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng were immersed in each other not noticing their surroundings . They were interrupted by someone clearing their throat . The two were stunned find who stood before them , it was the one and only Lan Qiren . Lan Qiren's face was quite serious and he was looking at them with what , Jiang Cheng couldn't make out but he felt a glint of happiness in the elder's eyes which he wasn't so sure about . I mean why would anyone be happy when they find their their nephew being all lovey dovey and since Lan Qiren is no fool he would have already known of the existence of his grand nephew thought Jiang Cheng but little did he know that Lan Qiren was the ultimate force that pushed Xichen to his confession . Lan Xichen meanwhile regained his lost composure and simply smiled at his uncle , Jiang Cheng was the exact opposite . It looked like he was in deep thinking still not moving a muscle . Lan Qiren taking pity on him decided to show his support so he said

" Jiang Wanyin , you don't have to be so stiff around me afterall we will soon be a family . "

Jiang Cheng took his sweet time in processing the meaning Lan Qiren implied . He was lost at whether to cry or smile or to nod , in the end he just stared at Lan Qiren . And for the first time he saw a miracle happen , he saw Lan Qiren SMILE . Jiang Cheng too smiled back unconsciously putting himself and the ones around him at ease .

" I don't know what to say except thank you , Master Lan . I am overwhelmed by your warmth and acceptance . "

" You should really drop the formalities Jiang Wanyin . From this moment you are my nephew's fiance and soon to husband , you don't have to call me master . You can cal me uncle as well . And honestly I have always liked you more than Wei Wuxian . "

The last sentence made Jiang Cheng chuckle . It was as clear as day that Lan Qiren despised Wei Wuxian but only let him marry Lan Wangji for the sake of his nephew's happiness . But hearing it from Lan Qiren himself Jiang Cheng felt it to be somewhat funny unfortunately good times didn't last long and it was proven true when they heard a deadly voice

" Leave my son alone Zewujun . You decided to let him walk away from your life . Do you know what all my A - Cheng has gone through because of you ? You don't even deserve to stand near him ! "

Jiang Cheng was now sure that he needed to avert the future crisis caused by an angry purple spider so he rushed to her side and though it was hard he persuaded her to talk in her room . Giving Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen a small nod he followed his A - Niang . Hopefully his explanation would suffice otherwise god knows what might happen . The moment they were out of sight Lan Qiren said

" Xichen , I want you to have that smile on your face , the one you had before everything went wrong and Jiang Cheng is the only one to help you with that so remember to never hurt in not even unknowingly . "

Without looking back at his nephew he walked back to where the meeting was held .

In Yu Ziyuan's room a desperate young man was trying his best to tame his A - Niang . His explanation didn't miss a word of what happened and his mother instead of focusing on the main point that he and Lan Xichen cleared everything up instead she was giving importance to one sentence - The sentence which referred to Lan Xichen having an argument with a pregnant Jiang Cheng . This sentence was the only one she heard it seems or it had greater value than others , why though ? This Jiang Cheng could not have answered before but since he had a son of his own he was more than capable to understand where his mother came from . So he was also sure that it would take hours if not days to convince his mother and he had already known this therefore all he could do was try to prove Lan Xichen's reasons and hope that it gets through to his mother . He also knew that his sister was next in line for the convincing conversation . Wei Wuxian would surely be taken care of by Lan Wangji and Sect Leader Jiang didn't matter .

A whole month had passed since the discussion confrence and now the whole world knew of the love story between the esteemed Zewujun and the scowling Jiang Wanyin , everyone also knew of their son - Jingyi , born out of wedlock . But for the couple and their families that wasn't important because the wedding taking place in another three was more prioritised .

Three weeks were just like the winds , flying off too soon . And finally it was the day most anticipated . The day two souls yearning to be one were forever going to be one . The day two people desired and deserved . The day two lovers could quench the thirst in their hearts . The day they finally bonded by the heavens and earth as one . The day was none other but the WEDDING OF LAN XICHEN AND JIANG CHENG .

A / N

This chapter made me think of weddings . The significance of a wedding is truly impossible to even think of when all love is true love . It definitely is a day two people evolve from lovers to husband and wife . The evolution is not only of names but of every corner of one's body , heart , mind and soul . It is truly the day when one let's another who they trust more than themselves penetrate their deepest depths and find places unfamiliar to them within themselves . The day when two gain a whole new family . The day when one is sure that they can say ' I do ' and spend their life , whether in good health or sickness , whether financially up or down , whether through thick or thin , being together , being a family .

Ahh....damn why am I so romantic ? Seriously while writing I know how to write romantically and I can also be romantic while speaking but truly in my heart I am only an admirer of romance . Never can I ever be one .