Ch - 10 : Clearing Misunderstandings

Jiang Cheng walked away cursing himself for showing his true feeling out in the open for Lan Xichen to see . But he couldn't help it , he loved him that much . Suddenly a hand grabbed his wrist and turned him around , as soon as he was turned he felt his lips being pressed to a pair of soft lips . Their lips moving together , like they belonged together . Jiang Cheng so wanted to stop kissing Lan Xichen but again he couldn't , he longed for this too much . Breaking the sweet and gentle kiss Lan Xichen looked straight into Jiang Cheng's eyes , held his hand and said

" Jiang Wanyin , I have always and will always love you , only you . "

Those words were the ones Jiang Cheng wanted to hear from Lan Xichen and with those words the last of his heart strings were pulled , his cheeks adorned with shining globes of water , he looked into the other's eyes . Those hazel eyes were filled love , adoration , sincerity , happiness and so much more . He knew Lan Xichen meant those words , he knew Lan Xichen had never placed anyone else in his heart like him who too couldn't , he knew Lan Xichen had loved him and none else yet he couldn't stop himself from asking

" If you hadn't loved anyone else then " Jiang Cheng paused before asking the rest , " then why did you go into seculsion for his death ? Was he so important ? "

Lan Xichen hadn't expected this question but he was more than able to make out who the ' he ' Jiang Cheng referred to was . He couldn't fault Jiang Cheng for asking so , many rumours had spread about Jin Guangyao and him being a couple , of them seeing each other in secret and what not . This had just been baseless rumours but when Lan Xichen entered seculsion after Jin Guangyao's death everyone believed it to be true and the only person who could confirm or deny the rumours had shut himself down from the rest of the world so the rumours only gained strength . And the way he exploded at Jiang Cheng when he came to meet him was even more brazen . So Lan Xichen couldn't fault te omega for asking him this , he also felt hurt hearing Jiang Cheng's voice trembling with insecurity .

" Wanyin , I am sorry for taking my frustration and anger on you when all you wanted was to have a word with me but I promise you all of those actions including my seculsion had nothing to do with Jin Guangyao . It was also because I was angry at myself for being so easily fooled by others . I hadn't doubted him until the very last moment , I couldn't get myself to believe that he was the same person who I and Da - ge trusted so much and in the end I couldn't control my emotions and I myself killed him . I was scared Wanyin . I was scared of being duped again , I was scared of letting my emotions take the best of me again , I was scared to lose someone like I lost Da - ge to this world's poisonous minds . I was scared of myself , Wanyin , I was scared of making the same mistakes again and putting so much at stake again . I was scared of this world and its hidden depths . I was scared of everything , Wanyin . But never have I ever let anyone reach as deep as you have in me . I have never stopped loving even for a moment . I can never and will never stop loving you . These years when you weren't by my side it felt like there was an emptiness not only in my heart but in my soul as well . Wanyin , let me tell it once more , I love you . "

Jiang Cheng buried his head into the older's chest and ket his tears flow out . Lan Xichen raised his chin up and wiped his tears away when suddenly Jiang Cheng united their lips . The kiss was rough and passionate but equally filled with warmth .

" I love you too , Lan Huan . "

Lan Xichen felt himself at ease he kissed those rosy lips of his lover once again . Indulging in the younger's feel , taste and smell . He felt that even heaven wouldn't be as wonderful . Pulling his lips back with a great effort he intertwined their hands and stared into the purple sea of Jiang Cheng's eyes and asked

" Will you marry me and make me the happiest alive , my dear Wanyin ? "

" Yes " Jiang Cheng replied in a soft voice .

Lan Xichen knew what the reply would be but he wanted to hear it from his Wanyin . Hearing which he took out two rings out of his robe sleeves and carefully slid one onto Jiang Cheng's slender index finger . He gave the other ring to Jiang Cheng who was surprised seeing those rings , those rings were the very same one he had thrown right into Xichen's face when the argument took place . He was surprised but he was more overjoyed knowing that his Huan had kept these rings with him all these years . He also slid the ring onto Lan Xichen's finger . They were officially engaged now and they couldn't be any more content but there still lay a huge problem - How to convince their families ? Both of them knew they had a lot of explanation to give but for the time being they decided to just dwell in their moment .

A/N

My exams have finally finished . They finished yesterday and me keeping the promise that I will update as soon as possible has updated the next day itself but actually because I don't have school on Friday and Saturday . Anyways I am glad to continue my story and my dear readers the story will be commencing soon . I may add a twist at the ending . ( Depends on my mood when writing the ending.....still )

I would also like to thank all my fellow readers who gave this story a chance and am more than glad that all of you understood my situation and waited patiently for the update .