Chapter 29

Y/N POV

On the way to America, I was very confused. Personally I didn't want to meet this mysterious guy at Kannopolis, but instinct was telling me to go and check out what is the opportunity given to me. As I arrived Charlotte Douglas International Airport, I got on a taxi and showed the driver the postcode for the destination.

During the taxi ride, I found out that North Carolina isn't the most modern of cities. I was wondering if this was a scam all along because this doesn't look like the place where job opportunities for people like me lies. I am having second thoughts about this meeting with the mysterious person and started to think about that it might be another Jennie Kim shenanigan.

As I looked to chicken out of the meeting, I recognised a familiar building with a familiar logo on it. There was a big factory type of building and it has a logo that I recognised. It was Haas F1 Team. The American F1 outfit. I wonder what do they want from me. Now it all makes sense why I felt like the location of Kannopolis seems familiar to me. Hopefully they have a nice job offer for me that isn't being an F1 driver as I really liked to sport and would definitely want to have a job relating to F1. I went in and was greeted by the receptionist.

Y/N: Hi, I'm Y/N Chou and was told to meet someone here today?

Receptionist: Yes Y/N, Mr. Haas and Mr. Custer is waiting for you at meeting room 2.

The receptionist then led me to the meeting room where I could see team boss Gene Haas and Joe Custer was already in the meeting room discussing something. The receptionist knocked on the door and I was being signalled to enter the room.

Gene Haas: Welcome Y/N. I'm glad you made it.

Joe Custer: Y/N, please take a seat. 

Y/N: Thanks guys, one of your colleagues called saying that there's a job opportunity for me?

Gene Haas: Yes that was me. We wanted it to be a surprise. 

Joe Custer: Right Y/N as you are aware, we had a very poor season both performance wise and financial wise. As we are on a tight budget, the team roles will have to be reshuffled. Therefore, we thought you would be the perfect fit for our new special advisor of the team.

Y/N: I feel honoured to be given the offer. But I would like a request.

Gene Haas: As long as it's reasonable we would accept it.

Y/N: I would like minimal trackside involvement and I would like to stay home with my family.

Gene Haas: We could agree to that request. Welcome onboard Y/N.

After accepting the offer, shaking hands with Gene Haas they decided to give me a factory tour. Haas are definitely not extracting maximum potential with the equipment and facilities they have at their disposal. This is a team that could do much better with what they had. Obviously having their two drivers constantly crashing into each other doesn't help. The factory tour ended quite quickly given the Haas F1 factory is the same as other F1 factories that I've been to.

Time skip

It has been a few weeks that I have accepted the job offer from Haas F1 Team being the team advisor. Currently I am chilling at home when I received a call from Haas F1 Team team principal Gunther Steiner.

Gunther Steiner: Y/N hello.

Y/N: Hello Gunther.

Gunther Steiner: Well as you know the 2020 F1 season will start and both our drivers will be out of contracts at the end of the season. I wanted to ask you if you can keep an eye on the F2 drivers and see who's good for the seat in 2021. 

Y/N: What about Romain and Kevin?

Gunther Steiner: I am not keeping those w****** in the team for another year if they keep crashing into each other every f***ing race.!

Y/N: Got it Gunther, I'll keep an eye out of the F2 drivers.

Right so my first task in this new role is to scout drivers and see who is worth a drive. From the 2019 championship, I have got a few in mind. First name that came to mind was Callum Ilott and Luca Ghiotto who impressed in the 2019 F2 season. Obviously 2019 Champion Nyck De Vries would be a good option but he's gone to Formula E. Honestly I would just like to relax for a bit. And relaxing was exactly what I did. I have decided to not analyse the 2019 Championship and focus on 2020. 

With the contract with Haas signed and got the guidelines of what I need to do with my new role. I settled onto my sofa and turned on TV. I was watching some GT races and it was getting my nerves up and I was kind of regretting my decision to leave racing completely. I was dreaming about myself being back in a race car when suddenly my phone rang again.

Y/N: Hello?

???: Is this Y/N?

Y/N: Yes this is him.

???: I'm Toshiaki Takeda from Rookie Racing.

Y/N: Ok.

Toshiaki Takeda: We don't have a driver for the opening round for Super GT. Would you be able to participate in the first race of the season in Fuji?

Y/N: Yes Mr. Takeda, I would be honoured to race of for Rookie Racing.

Toshiaki Takeda: The honoured is ours, we will do a seat fit before the race in Fuji. See you there.

After hanging up, I felt very excited that I celebrated by jumping around the apartment. I am finally getting back to racing again. Having nothing to do and not participating in any races definitely made me feel something was missing in my life. Now I would take every opportunity I have been given to do any races. Even if it is just a one off race I would take it. This is going to be fun, my first time racing in closed wheel racing cars.

 This is going to be fun, my first time racing in closed wheel racing cars

Another chapter is done. This chapter is a bit crap and rushed because I don't know how to write this. But now that Y/N has got his two job offers. I can go back to the plot and write better chapters.

Sorry if you think the chapters wasn't good enough, don't be afraid to tell me how to make this chapter better and I will revise it. 

Thank you for all the votes and reads by the way. Let's try and get this book to 3.5k reads.